Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

It's good to hear from you, Daphne.  Your dad is in my thoughts.  Please take care of yourself too.  Bluebeary and I send you many big bear hugs.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

That's exciting about the Mimzy chair.   bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh goodness, Daphne . . . your poor dad - he's had much more than his share of trouble.  Wishing you and your whole family peace and I hope your dad is back on the road to recovery soon.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Dear Daphne, Please know that I'm thinking of you and your family.  The 'girls' are right when they say to look after yourself, as well.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

hugs  :hug: hugs :hug:  hugs  :hug: and more hugs  :hug: Daphne  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
xoxo sarah

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks for your continued prayers and concern.

Don't worry about me..... mom and I live by the following motto:
"When the going gets tough, the though go shopping!!!"

And shoppping we have done! There is the greatest gift shop at Mass General Hospital! New stuff comes in every day and we are now recognized by the staff there the second we walk in. We never leave empty handed! Then there are all the other fancy places to shop in Boston that are a short cab ride away! We take 'extended lunches'.... it's a joke now with dad. He knows it will be hours before he sees us again! OK, we don't go shopping EVERY DAY but we get our fix! I've gotten a lot of reading done while hanging around the hospital too. So I am relaxing.

They are pretty much just keeping dad comfy on pain med right now. None of the tests they've done thus far are showing anything wrong. They aren't letting him eat anything incase they have to do an emergency procedure so all fluids/nutrients are by IV. That's driving him crazy. He's gotten so thin. OK, I can't sit here and dwell on this or I won't get any sleep tonight!

It's nice to finally have my laptop with me and be able to keep in touch!

Mom has read your posts and is so touched and amazed by the luuuuv here!  bear_wub

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Daphne

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Daphne,
     I was just on my way to bed, and thought I'd check to see if there were any updates.  I'm glad at least that they have your dad so he is comfortable and not in any more pain - he's had way more than his fair share!!  I hope they can pinpoint his problem quickly. 

I'm glad you and you mom are getting out a little bit - you need to for you sanity.  One of the few upsides to this horrible experience is that you are getting to spend time with your mum, and that's a gift of it's own.  I'm sure she is extremely grateful to have you by her side.

I forgot to mention last night that I'm so glad they gave you the recognition you deserve with the movie Mimzy and when you finally get back home for good, you will have to post a picture of the director's chair canvas and the script - that is soooo cool!!
Well done, Daphne!  Now that the yucky stuff is all over, you can just beam with pride! 

Anyway, sweetie, I'm off to dreamland - you take care and I'll be watching for your updates and keeping you all in my prayers.  Night night.

Hugs,   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh Daphne...  please take this and pass it on to your Mom and Dad... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I hope things get better very soon! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

The latest:

Dad has a bacterial infection from the surgery and also most likely a perforation in his colon causing blood to leak. More surgery? Not sure.
His spirits are low, weariness and concern high. More scans, tests and oscopies tonight and tomorrow to determine what to do next.

I am SOOOO home sick I can't even begin to tell you how much. I'm sure that sounds very selfish given all that Dad is going through and Mom too but I miss my hubby and even those doggies that drive me so crazy!!! It's Tucker's 2nd Birthday today and I wasn't there!  bear_cry Henry gave him a piece of steak so I'm sure he was a happy pup!

Time to go to bed... I'm too exhausted to sleep if that makes any sense!?!?

Hugs,
Daphne

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Daphne,
I am sending you extra thoughts right now...I know how hard this stuff can be...but as hard as it seems right now...one day you will look back on this time in a much different light! Blessings upon you & yours....and I wish for you to be back with your hubby & kritters as soon as possible...that's not selfish of you...it's you safe place...
Hugs,

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Daphne, it never seems to end - your poor dad must be so tired and fed up.  I also understand your homesickness - I hate being away from home to long.  I sure hope they can deal with your dad's problems without more surgery - he must be very weak.  I'm sending warm thoughs and hugs your way!  Hang in there and get some sleep!

hugs :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Board footer