Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

pandas.jpgHi Friends,
I wanted to share some more of the little bears I've made for my upcoming show.
These little guys are 7 inches tall and are my first attempt at shading with oils as per Shelli's instructions awhile back.
I was impressed with how easy it was and will be doing more! I could have made the patches darker but thought they looked better with just a hint of colour.

I had a blast making smaller bears for a change as they are usually around the 12 inch mark. These guys went together way faster so I will definitely make more seeing I'm running out of time!

Just for the record...can anyone tell me the secret to getting the thumbnail of this pic to show up in the Showcase form?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

How adorable, Hayley . . . they are wonderful!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hayley they are adorable, such wonderful characters, great work!

Just for the record...can anyone tell me the secret to getting the thumbnail of this pic to show up in the Showcase form?

Yes Hayley, you need to upload your picture by using the upload button that comes under the message box, not the one next to the Quote button above the message.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

They are all soooo cute! I like that you made one a little different color. Such sweet little faces! :clap:  :clap:
  JeannieB bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Hayely they are wonderful. They look alot smaller than 7 inches. They are as cute as cute can be bear_wub
Wendy bear_thumb

Australia

Thanks alot Jane..that fixed it! Never would have worked it out. bear_ermm Thanks for your sweet words too.
Matilda..it's funny you say they look smaller than 7 inches...I think they look bigger! bear_happy  Thanks to you, Jeannie and Sue Ann for your comments, it means alot.
Back to work...running out of days! bear_wacko

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Just absolutely charming!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I want all of em!  Oh they are cute - especially that good looking mister on the right hand end.  I definitely think you should make more at this size.

Oh dammit I wish I could have found cheaper airfaires to get to the show - it was going to cost me nearly $1000 so out of the question.  I hope it goes well for you Hayley.

Australia

Thank you people...you are all so sweet!
Renae, we used to have a gospel group in our nearest major city that did barbershop quartet gigs. They were sooooo cool!
The guy with the deepest voice of the four was HUGE as in like 6ft 5" and had the long moustache. The littlest guy with the higest voice was only about 5ft 2"...and at the end of the gig, the big guy used to carry the littlest guy off the stage like a piece of luggage! So funny! Gosh they sounded great!
Shelli  :hug:  thankyou.
Melissa  :hug:  thank you too. The one on the right is my favourite too...funny how you can make five or six of the same thing and they all have their own 'bear'sonalities. I will be making some of these for each show from now on as a friend pointed out to me that I need some smaller less expensive bears on my table because not everyone who is starting out with collecting can afford a larger more expensive one, but they still like to go home with a bear. True.
I so wish you were coming to the Gold Coast show too...it would have been lovely to catch up with you again. A grand is a bit over the top isn't it! Never mind, next time. And I'll try to take some photos for you. :photo:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hayley I've seen these little guys already and still think they are fabulous!   Still waiting on your pink panda  bear_tongue   
xx sarah

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

A big bunch of sweethearts! I think the colouring looks very good!

Celena Oxford

Hayley....they are SO adorable  bear_thumb

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

They are fabulous Hayley, well done on your new crew of Panda's.   Good luck for the show.  wish I could be there too......  House extensions have just started at home.....

Board footer