Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pin-pattern-400pix.jpgFirst of all here is your pattern. Just place your curser arrow on the white back ground , a small window will appear just click on the copy machine and you will have your pattern. Trace to a harder paper for a stronger pattern. The pattern should measure 3 inches from top of ear to bottom of neck. And 2 1/2 inches wide accross back of head.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pin-project-001-400.jpgHere is tracing to harder paper.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pin-project-002-400.jpgFind direction of your fur, mark it on back of fabric. Mine is curly  not so important for me but you may be using a straight fur. I recommend something not to long. Fur should go in direction of down ward on the head.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pin-project-004-400.jpgpin-project-003-400.jpgTrace your pattern to fabric. Paying attention to direction of fur flow. Start cutting out fabric. Be careful not to cut fur. Just do small snips to the back fabric.Notice you will need to flip front piece to get the two pieces for the front of head.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pin-project-007-400.jpgpin-project-6-400.jpgPin with right sides together from top of head to bottom of neck . Now sew there also.Use a small seam allowance. By hand sewing will work best for this project.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pin-project-008-400.jpgNow place this front piece to back of head , right sides together. Pin all around. Sew all around but leave bottom open.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pin-project-011-400.jpgpin-project-010-400.jpgTurn and stuff one ear at a time. At bottom of ear area just stitch it closed with small stitches. Clip away some fur, use colored pencil to color areas of the cleared off ear area. Then stuff the head. Leave a neck at bottom, you will need that area to decorate.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pin-project-014-400.jpgpin-project-013-400.jpgpin-project-012-400.jpgI like to place pins where the eyes are going to be and then do nose. You can re adjust eye placement as needed. I like to use waxed dental tape to put in the eyes with . Come out through the back of head about where I show you. Pull tight and double knot.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pin-project-015-400.jpgPlace a craft pin on the back. You can get them at any craft store.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pin-project-016-400.jpgNow just design how ever you want. A girl , a boy, a reigndeer, Santa, elf, what ever you would like

BEAR HUGS AND BLESSINGS FROM ABOVE

FROM JODI FALK

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I gotta say that's pretty darn cute!  bear_original
Really great pictures and easy instructions, Jodi!  Because of it's ease (you even worked the ears into the 3 piece design...very cool) this would be a really cute project for older kids too.  I always liked making my presents for family.
:hug:
~Chrissi

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Tried to make it easy so every one at any age could do one. For smaller kids you could make it a little bigger. You could even make it rally big and make a pillow. UMMMM there is another project idea !!!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh, your beary Christmas pin is adorable. I can't wait to get the time to do some  bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

That is soooooooo cute.  I think I will have to make some with my scrap material!

Jane

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Yes thanks for bringing that up it is good for your scraps. And if the fur is long you can just clip it shorter !!!

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi Jodi:

Your pin is so adorable...I am going to make one as soon as my show is over next weekend! I will finally be free :dance:  :dance: to do anything!!!

Thanks Jodi for a wonderful and sweet idea!

Hugs, Nancy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great idea and super instructions, Jodi . . . the result is adorable!

mam54 Posts: 8

Hi Jodi,
    Thank you for sharing your pattern and easy instructions for the adorable bear pin. I will attach it  to the handle on the Christmas gift bags. What a cutie! All of my friends will love them. One friend loves angels so I will attach wings and a halo to hers.
                                               Thanks again,
                                           Marcia M.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

That is super cute, and great directions by the way!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
mam54 wrote:

Hi Jodi,
    Thank you for sharing your pattern and easy instructions for the adorable bear pin. I will attach it  to the handle on the Christmas gift bags. What a cutie! All of my friends will love them. One friend loves angels so I will attach wings and a halo to hers.
                                               Thanks again,
                                           Marcia M.

I almost made mine an angel. Share your pictures when you get some done please.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Jodi,

I just wanted to say that I think it's so very kind and generous of you to share your ideas so openly.  This is just one example of the many reason I love to check in to TT EVERYDAY...okay MANY times EVERYDAY.

Hugs,
Shantell

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
shantell wrote:

Jodi,

I just wanted to say that I think it's so very kind and generous of you to share your ideas so openly.  This is just one example of the many reason I love to check in to TT EVERYDAY...okay MANY times EVERYDAY.

Hugs,
Shantell

You are most welcome. Hope you enjoy making a christmas bear pin !!!

animated1161.gif

sarahjane Brisbane

Thank you sooo much Jodi...This is just what I was looking for, I'm supposed to make a bear to fit on a 4.5 inch square piece of fabric.  bear_innocent

For a project that my craft group is doing, this fits the bill nicely  bear_grin

sarahjane Brisbane

bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_cry  bear_cry

I can't get the box with the copy machine to appear???  bear_sad

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Sarah Jane,

Thats great !!! Have fun !!

Board footer