Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

awwww Bonnie, he is sooo adorable - he must have been intended for you  bear_wub   I rescued one of my cats when he was a kitten and dumped near our house along with his mum and other tiny brothers and sisters.  He is 7 years old now, how time flies bear_original  Enjoy cuddling and loving this little fur ball bear_original

Hugs
Catherine
x

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277
StarHawk2003 wrote:

I have once known a cat who went to get spayed. She went ginger, Came back shaved... Once the hair had grown back, The once shaved patch had projuced BLACK hair!

We have a Himalayan and last year she got some really bad mattes in her fur. I'm not sure why, she's never had trouble before. Anyway, we decided to just shave her entirely (except for face and tail) because it really seemed the best solution. Her fur grew back much darker than it was before it was cut.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Bonnie: You are good soul!!! I believe animals in trouble somehow find those who they know can help them. I can't tell you how many cats, dogs bird, rabbits....land at my back door....but I think they are drawn to who they know will love and take care of them...

I am thrilled you are going to get him fixed and have shots. If there are wild animals out there, bring him inside. It would be awful to have him eaten by coyotes. 

bear hugs

Michelle

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

My guess is that your poor kitten has a fever-coat -- a color change from being sick or stressed. If he was a smoke you can usually tell by lighter circles around the eyes (smoke is lighter roots, fever coat is ligher tips or general fading). But then, smokes are famous for taking a long time to manifest their real color.

Anyway, his normal coat will grow once he's got a good diet and he's got the parasites cleared out.

Congratulations on your new addition! "You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats".

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Bonnie,
     What a sweet cat - lucky for him you adopted him!  A few months ago my sister was driving behind a car that threw a beer case out the window with something inside.  She stopped to see what it was and found two kittens!  She took them home and decided she would nurse them to health and find a good home for them and she did - hers LOL!  They now have 5 cats but live in rural Nova Scotia on 14 acres, so the kittens (Tinker and Sophie) have adjusted well and have a lovely life.  Thank goodness for animal lovers!!

hugs,

Brenda

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

I am learning so much from this thread. More and more I am fascinated with cats.
When I was younger I never thought of myself as a 'cat person'... though I'm not sure why. I have always loved all animals but, for some unknown reason, avoided domesticated felines.  They however have always seemed to love me! Anytime I went to a friend's house who owned a cat, said kitty always ended up in my lap whether I wanted it there or not. Even cats who supposedly didn't like strangers. Now I say "bring 'em on!"

I also have always been a firm believer that all things happen with for a reason or purpose, even if we don't understand it. Where ever Raven came from, he is home now and loved. bear_original  bear_original

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

There was no good reason for me to end up a cat person either -- I grew up with a dog and there are no cat people in my family. bear_laugh They sort of grow on you.

Has anyone read "The Price" by Neil Gaiman? Black cats are lucky.

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

My sister wasn't a cat person either - now she has five!   :crackup:  :crackup:

hugs,

Brenda

Stellajella Wien

Bonnie, how wonderful of you to take this cabbage leaf refugee in ...he is lovely! bear_wub
I asked a friend of mine, Gabi, who breeds British Shorthair cats and we think, that this beautiful changing in colour could well be from malnutrition before you found him.
Could be he turns out to be a Norwegian Forrest cat, but as mentioned before: they take 3 years to be fully grown ;)
But no matter if pure bred or not: he is beautiful, and lovely and he´s in the best home bear_wub
If you´d like to see pix of my friend´s cats: http://www.casa-mariposa.de/
This link is in german, but we don´t need words, to look at pix, do´we? :dance:

All the best to you and your furry friend!

Gaby bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

oh, forgot something:
as Debora Hoffmann mentioned: PLEEEEAAAZZZZEEE keep us updated with pix :)

Thanx
Gaby bear_flower

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Hi Gaby,
I checked out that website and she has some beeeautiful kitties and lots of pictures! bear_grin  I liked the kitten pictures the best. go figure!lol
Raven is growing amazingly fast, I'll try to get some more pics posted soon and will definately post some if his color changes more.
:hug:

Board footer