Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Leela.jpgHere is Leela, she stands 12" tall, so that's a whopper for me! She's made from mohair, which I'm allergic to. I was a mess the whole time. Sneezing, itchy eyes, runny nose, etc. I sure wish mohair didn't turn out so nice, then maybe I would stop!
The things we do to ourselves for our bears!!!
I need to learn to take pics all over again. Shooting big ones isn't the same as minis AT ALL!!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

She's LOVELY Stephanie  bear_wub  i think you should make more big bears, provided you can stand the allergy!

I like this bear a lot! Thanks for the last order, everything was just perfect as always  bear_flower

Penny :hug:

sarahjane Brisbane

Stephanie she's great...I'm with Penny you should definitely make more of these big bears!!!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

She's great! So how did you like doing a big 'un? They seem to take forever compared to mini's don't they?

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Very nice big girl. I love her color bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs,
bear_original Marion

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I looks like you have taken all the wonderful characteristics of the minis and popped them all into this big cuddly bear. Just love his expression bear_thumb

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Thank you all! I'm pretty pleased with her except her arms need to be a bit lower. I haven't made many big'uns and yes they do seem to take FOREVER!! There is just so much more bear to work on! I sew everything by hand and it feels like I will never get it all sewn. I'm so used to taking those very tiny stitches. I get going and realize I don't need to do that on the big ones. Keep having to tell myself to make the stitches bigger!
Designing patterns for big ones is different too. But they do seem to come out looking just like big versions of minis. Maybe that's because I like the porportions of minis.
This big bear stuff is a whole new world to me.
I know there are several people that make beautiful big bears and are struggling to make minis. I seem to be going the other direction. I guess it's all about what you are used to making.
bear_grin

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Hey guys....don't encourage her too much or she might stop stocking all those great minis supplies for us!!!! 
:crackup:
(great bear tho Stephanie)

Marion

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Beautiful Stephanie.  She has very soulful eyes. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Stephanie she is wonderful  bear_wub  :clap:

Hugs
Vicki

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

She is so cute.
Just love her face.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Stephanie, she is gorgeous!  Sorry about your mohair allergy!  that must suck big time  bear_cry

Board footer