Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Kim, are those your adorable children under the tree?

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

My tree is so hard to photograph so i have played around with some really bad pics and come up with this......

tree.gif

..........it's the best i can do folks! I must make more effort to take good pics - but i just get soooo bored with cameras.

Penny  :hug:

ylc Y Daydream? Designs
Spotsylvania, VA

Everyone's trees and decorations look lovely!

We haven't started yet - but after looking at everyone's elses I'm starting to get in the mood LOL

I do have a sock Monkey though
This is Stanley
210655474.jpg

Happy Holidays

Yvette

Penn Valley, CA

Wow Penny, a living, breathing Christmas tree . . . COOL. 

Yvette, that is the coolest sock monkey I've ever seen.

Jodi, it's fun seeing everyone's trees and good Christmas stuff and sock monkeys.  Thanks for posting this thread.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I have had a great time also !!! I love the sock monkey !!!!! And all the wonderful trees. The twinkling tree is cool !!!!!

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

I have really enjoyed looking at everyone's trees....they are all great it different ways

Mytree1.jpg

Still not quite finished....can't find the right coloured ribbon to make my bows this year....and I need a new angel for the top.

Will take a night one when it's all finished.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

oh they are all so pretty.  I am feeling really Christmassy this year.
My mum turns round and tells me it will all change once the girls are older and it never feels like christmas ever again.
Gee thanks but I think that has something to do with attitude if I join in Xhassy things then I will feel xmassy!!

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

baby-santa-011.jpgbaby-santa-009.jpgWell finally I am posting a picture of my tree.  I have had my tree up since Thanksgiving, but I have only had the lights on it.  Last night I finally put the ornaments on.  Our tree is a western theme.  You can see the cowboy santa that I made last year.  We use a sarape for a tree skirt.  Although we live in Ohio, there is so much of Texas still in us.

Penn Valley, CA

Bronwen, don't you believe it.  My girls are grown and out of the house, and I still feel Christmassy every year.  I have my whole house decorated.

Nina, I love your cowboy tree, cool ! ! !

sarahjane Brisbane

Wow...so many gorgeous Christmas trees..it's lovely seeing everyone getting into the Christmas spirit!!

Well here is our Christmas tree...the kids all helped put the decorations on yesterday after it stood naked in our lounge room for about three days!!

Bron...I think Christmas is all about attitude....you can still feel Christmassy after the kids leave home....I love Christmas!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

xmastree2.JPG

Ripley, Queensland

Millie and Sarah those trees look great!.

Millie I couldn't theme a tree even if I wanted to.  I'd be clouted over the heead by the kids and dragged away as they yelled "mine mine mine"  :crackup:

I don't mind though.

Love your angel on top Sarah, very nice, I think she finishes it off just nicely.  How did you get your kids to leave it alone.  The kids were standing over me as I pulled it out of the box and had items hanging on it with in the hour.  They must have super human control!

sarahjane Brisbane

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Bron you crack me up....I just didn't get the decorations out until I was ready!!!  bear_grin (and they couldn't reach!!)

Ripley, Queensland

Wish I could do that but we store ours oin the roof and hubby gets them down as he can reach.  So they all come down at the same time and I have no where else to stash.
SO when the tree comes down the decorations go up!!  bear_grin

Stellajella Wien

How nice to have the christmas tree up already for christmas...
Here the tree is decorated in Dec 24th and we have no Santa Clause coming but Christkind ( which I do prefer to this old guy who was invented by Coke).
So Christkind comes Dec24th evening and brings all the pressies and usually decorates them under the tree, rings a bell and disappears.
I was lucky enough when I was about 5 or 6 so see Christkind. Or rather the shadow. Wow,what enourmous ears it had!  :crackup:

Due to the lack of space and the presence of a very nosy cat we have no christmas tree anymore- actually it makes me a bit sad, to see all these beautiful trees being sold- all of them dead  bear_cry

Tami, errrrrmmm- just a question: you wouldn´t happen to have a wee room in your house? :dance:  WONDERFUL! It shows, that you love to decorate.

Gaby bear_flower

Ripley, Queensland

I love the celebrations from differrent areas and how it is done.
My neighbours are german and they celebrate christmas eve!!
The girls just love it all.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Gaby,

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels bad for all of those dead trees.  That is why I invested in a nice artificial tree.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I have loved sharing your trees!  Thank you!  bear_flower 

I don't have a tree yet because I've been trying to sell my house, but now I can go and buy one because at long last, I sold my house this week!!  No more viewings ... yippppeeeeeee!!!!!! 

I was going to buy an artificial tree after many years of real tree mess to clear up, but nope, it's our last Christmas in this house so in the next couple of days, I'm going to grab my son and hunt down a lovely big natural tree to decorate ... really looking forward to it now!  Seeing all your beautiful trees has really helped put me in the festive spirit after a very difficult year.  Thank you all!!  bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Congratulations on selling your house Paula. Enjoy your tree when you get it. Don't forget to get your camera ready.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Ripley, Queensland

Oh Paula that stress is over and now you have a breather to enjoy christmas.
I have to admit I loved the real tree (our live xmas trees look nothing like your trees) as well but having a fake tree has many advantages too.  And yes we want to see pictures.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I'll be happy to share pics as soon as it's decorated!  Thanks for your kind thoughts - much appreciated!  I must admit, it was a struggle to choose between a real tree and an artificial tree ... the decider was the smell of pine needles wafting through the house, I love that at Christmas!  bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Paula,
     Congratulations on selling your house at last - my goodness, you must be sooo relieved!  Now you can really celebrate over Christmas.  Can't wait to see your tree.

hugs,

Brenda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've been avoiding this thread because I've been avoiding the whole Christmas Tree subject!!! I've been saying I wanted to 'save a tree' thus not have one!!! We're trying to sell our house and to put the tree up means moving furniture and things looking rather cramped. That's not going to sell our house (which no one is looking at anyway so I don't why it matters!)

Now that I've seen everyone's trees I guess it might not be so bad to put up a SMALL tree!!!

Kim  -  OMG... I'd forgotten all about that until I saw the picture of your tree this year! I take it you went along to pick it out this time??? Too funny!

Toby - Beautiful tree!!!

Yyvette - was that you who made the black sock monkey??? He's wonderful!!!

Everyone's tree look so festive.

Penny - cool graphic! Your tree looks like it's breathing!!

Paula - Congratulations on selling your house!!!!!!!!! What a relief!! Yippee!!

Keep those pictures coming!!! I'm still not TOTALLY sold on the idea of putting a tree up! Hubs wants one up but he's leaving for his new job in a week and won't even be here to remind me to water it or enjoy it so why bother????

e014.gif

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

All of the tress are GORGEOUS!!  (oh my gosh, Kim that tree is huge!! How on earth did your hub get it into the house..it must have weighed a ton!! Very very pretty...loads of lights!! bear_wub )

Today was a good day, got lots of decorating done and some shopping too!  Here's a shot of our tree (artificial...works best with dogs and cats; no one cares to climb it and no water to play with/drink from! bear_grin ) Ornaments are pretty much all primitive-ish, some handmade like the homespun and spool snowmen.
Christmas_TreeTT.jpg

This is a picture of my oak hoosier.  I love old hoosiers.  This is actually a reproduction, but I have 7 differnt styles and sizes that are originals.  I LOVE the old hoosiers!! For years they were so easy to find for amazing prices, but then got very popular and unaffordable. But I digress....this is my oak display this year.  My 3 artist teddies up top mixed in with my favorite Christmas chalkware pieces.  Edmund by Jane Perala is a Christmas gift this year from hub bear_wub , Cheekie is a Judi Paul and Mr Toes is my first artist bear ever.... by Lori E. Baker of Bramble Bears Wood.  The bear in the bottom display is one of my guys.
Christmas_HoosierTT.jpg

:hug:
~Chrissi

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Great Pictures every one !!!! This has been GREAT fun keep them coming  bear_grin

clare14 Country Bears
England

Here's a little bit of Christmas from my house....the 'without flash' photo was a bit blurred so I took one with and one without!!   Lovely trees everyone, they're so pretty.   bear_wub

chritmastree008ss3.jpg 
chritmastree012gq7.jpg

How many more sleeps...??  bear_whistle

Board footer