Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Penny, you're right - the scissors are AWFUL.  I guess making cute flippy scissors seemed like a good idea to the designer.   bear_wacko

Hint...  (which I figured out after much mild swearing) The center of the scissors is green when you can make a snip, and red when you are on an area that you can't cut, like off the paper.  The cut point seems to be directly under the pivot of the scissors - exactly where you cannot see.

Also, if it leaves a blue star on the paper, I think it means that you haven't finished a cut-out, and you need to add another snip there.  It's a mystery.  It would be much better WITHOUT the scissor thingy, and WITH instructions!

I like it anyway.  bear_grin

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I finally made a couple of snowflakes! They make you work for it don't they? Stupid Stupid Scissors - how are you supposed to see what you are doing? And they spin. What's with the spinny thing huh? A case of someone going over the top with Flash 8 if you ask me - i can't blame them in one way, i can only make spinning letters with Flash 8 at the moment and that drives me nuts but i can see how you can get carried away once you learn new tricks.

Enough blather from me, here's me snowflakes both animated (another case of someone going over the top ha ha) and static pics.

1myflake.jpg    myflake2.gif

2myflake.jpg    myflake1.gif

Well i can sleep easy in me bed now that i have made a couple of snowies  :crackup:  totally addictive stuff though. Have you seen some of the other flakes in the gallery? Blooming marvellous - unlike mine!

Penny  bear_tongue

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

See PenPen - knew you could do it!!

The flickering one looks fab!

I am going mental here.............i should never have even looked at this snowflake thing - i am hopelessly lost forever now.

Here are some cat snowflakes - i keep trying to see how many cats and other animals i can fit in before it all falls apart ha ha

flakey1.jpg

mine1sm.jpg

I am completely doomed to a life of snowflakes bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Oh, Penny--what great snowflakes!! :clap: Hooray! (They are addicting, aren't they? In fact, I made another one... bear_whistle )

debsflake4.jpg

I love your xmas tree snowflake Debora - i keep cutting the branches off when i try to make one ha ha ha - i'm still hooked on making cat snowies, here's another (told you i was lost forever did'nt i?)

flakeycatb.jpg

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Wow, Penny! Great job! :dance:

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Here's another snowflake site:
http://ww2.unime.it/dipart/i_fismed/wbt … k6-adv.htm
It makes very doily-like snowflakes when you just doodle on it. 
Snowflake_doily.jpg
I haven't tried anything fancy yet.  I can't get the spacebar to "deactivate" the scissors, like it says.  Still fun!  bear_grin

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I will remain strong and not spend hours on it.  I have managed to make 2 or 3 at a time and then drag myself away!!

Board footer