Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

so cool - and that's the type of movie that I like to watch as well. Can't wait for it to come out!

Marion
PS - I've sent the Moose I made from your pattern to my daughter for XMAS - can't wait to hear her reaction!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

WAY COOL Daphne!  You're a star! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Tynnateddy sault ste marie

You go girl !!!!  bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Hugs Tynna

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

How coooool is that.Well done Daphne, your bunny looks great. How exciting, your a film star!!!! :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yahoo, hooray, yippee for Daphne!!!  MIMZY looks fantastic in the trailer!  I feel soooooo honored to have met this famous lady in person . . . I've even hugged her - several times!  Hard work (not to mention talent) does pay off . . . you did a super job, Daph!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh... that is toooooo cool Daphne!  I will be lined up to see the movie in the spring!!!!!!  :dance:  :clap:  :dance:  bear_wub

Kim Basta

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I think I remember Daphne saying that the bunny had to age in the movie that is why they needed 6 so they could tatter them up to different levels.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Way to go Daphne! I can't wait to see it too. I am thrilled to see this finally come to this point. HUGE Hugs
Sonya

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

How wonderful that the movie is finally out Daphne - can't wait to go and see it when it comes to NZ.
You must be feeling so proud for all your hard work - Great job.

Good luck with the househunting - I hope that today will be the day you find something you like.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540
Toby wrote:

I'm sending over Leonard Maltin  ... "Len Baby. You really MUST interview Daphne. What? You haven't heard of DAPHNE?? She made MIMZY! Len. Get with the program".

Toby

:crackup: Toby you've made my evening  bear_tongue  :crackup:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

HOW COOL IS THAT! Congrats girl!!!!  :dance:  :dance:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Daphne, That's so great!! You must absolutely giddy with excitement. Heck, I'm giddy for you! I feel like Will Farrel as Buddy in the movie "Elf".  "I KNOW her! I KNOW her!!!"
I had to do a search in the other posts to see how it all came about. Very exciting! :dance:  :dance:

Celena Oxford

WOW Daphne  bear_thumb Congratulations!  :hug:  Can't wait to watch "Mimzy" now...I hope it come to Malaysia soon!  Soooo happy for you  bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Tami E wrote:

I feel like Will Farrel as Buddy in the movie "Elf".  "I KNOW her! I KNOW her!!!"

Tami, you're my soul sister from somewhere back in time.  That's EXACTLY what I did, with that exact tone and reference, when I saw the trailer... which I then repeated for my husband (who didn't miss the reference at all; we love "Elf"), when I got home.

I KNOW her!

Kathleen Pa

Daphne, you rock!  Can I have your autograph?

Kathleen

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh cool cool cool!!!!!  You know, I can't wait to go see it just for the fact that Daphne made Mimzy!  It does look like it could be a pretty interesting movie too!! bear_original  Awesome Daphne!!!

Kimberly W.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Awwww, shucks, you guys!!! I'm blushing!!

I'll give you an update on Mimzy show biz stuff:

I was contacted a few weeks ago by Tonner Doll Company.... they are going to be making the adult collectible limited edition version of Mimzy and of Emma (the little girl in the movie). They needed the pattern, material samples, etc. As of late last week they've now asked that I make them a prototype. What about the 6 I made for the production of the movie??? Well, anyway, this means I have to make ANOTHER Mimzy! :doh:  Like I need THAT added to my TO DO LIST at the moment! Oh well. If you aren't familiar with Tonner Dolls you ought to check out their website...http://www.tonnerdoll.com/... you'll be very impressed with the quality! They've promised to send me one of the first Mimzy and Emma dolls made. I can't wait!! I'm sure it'll be better than the original! :crackup:

I've emailed the props master, whom I worked with in the making of Mimzy, to get a definite yes or no on the credit line. I'll let you know his response. I will be promoting the movie (and, OK, myself too by my official title as designated by New Line Cinema "Bunny Builder") at the show I'm producing in April in Manchester, NH. I'm hoping to be able to get some of those Tonner dolls to sell too. Where they are a limited edition that might be tough

For those of you who missed the whole Mimzy/movie bunny saga here are the posts (start at the bottom... the bottom two threads will be more than enough reading, I'm sure!).

http://www.teddy-talk.com/search.php?se … 1361329601

To see the official movie trailer please visit www.mimzy.com The movie is due to come put in the US in March according to their website. The release date has change a couple of times... it was April.

Tammy - yes, that's the belly button dotting the 'i' in Mimzy! Cool, eh?

Here's the embroidered director's chair back I got from New Line Cinema...

MIMZY.jpg

BUNNY_BUILDER.jpg

Thank you everyone, for your excitement about this! It wouldn't be as exciting for me if I couldn't share it with all of you!!!

Hugs from the Bunny Builder!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Well...I can only speak for myself...but I'd rather have Mimzy made from the hands of Daphne Blau than from any ol' Tonner Doll Company   bear_grin  But...that's just ME speaking bear_original bear_original

Big Congrats Daphne...it's a HUGE accomplishment and then adding everything you were going through at the time makes it even BIGGER. 

I can hardly wait to share this with my friends who still have younger kids...(note to self).

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

SO COOL!  :dance:  :dance: I'm so excited for you Daphne!  :dance:  :dance:
After all your hard work and frustration, it's great to see the bunnies on screen and so many good things happening for you. :clap:  :clap:
I can't wait to see the movie! bear_thumb

LynBlair Posts: 139

happy0141.gif
How cool is that?!?!  Congratulations, Ms. Daphne!

Hugs,
Lyn

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ooooooh Daphne, this is so wonderful, we're so proud of you!!   I will certainly be going to see the movie, it looks fantastic!!   :hug:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I can't wait to take my daughter to see Mimzy! You must be over the moon right now, Daphne! I can only imagine how excited you must be. Huge congratulations, we're so proud of you! :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Daphne, 

that's so cool!!!  You're famous!!!   :dance:    I can brag that I know you and I have one of your bears!  If I didn't love Bluebeary so much, I could sell him for millions.   :crackup:    I need to download something to see the trailer and I'll have to wait til DH can help me.  I want to see it.  I love the chair - Bunny Builder is great.  That's so exciting that Tonner is going to make your bunny. 

I haven't told Bluebeary about this yet because he thinks there should be a movie about only him.   :crackup:

How's the house hunting going?

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I can't say anything that hasn't been said already, but WOW. Waaaay too cool

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Toby....  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

My dear, you have until March 2007 to buy my bears at their regular, "Pre-Mimzy" prices. Once that movie comes out and the magazine articles and press releases and talk shows come out with pieces on me my bears will be selling for millions!!!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Ah, I do love to dream!!!!

Two Checkerbearies left, Toby! (Though I think I've got one just about sold!)

Board footer