Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
zemeski Posts: 434

Mindy - I'm sorry you are having sore losers accuse you falsely. Why would anyone think you have anything to do with it?? People can be so cold and mean. My thoughts are unless you have FACTS don't speak or accuse people of a crime. Why hurt someone unless you have proof they have done something wrong? Mindy you are a wonderful person as far as I know. I have only heard nice things about you. I appreciate everything you have ever done for TBAF. I didn't get nominated this year and will try again next year. Yes, I felt sad like everyone that didn't get nominated. Not everyone can be a nominee out of dozens of entries. I'm glad to see so many TT entries get nominated. I know it must hurt you to have people accuse you for something like fixing a contest. I wouldn't let it get you down to much. Hold you head up high and march forward. You have handled it well!! bear_thumb

K Pawz Guest

OH Mindy that is downright dreadful that there are some that have eaten so many sour grapes, and you are seeing the fall out!!!
I myself know that if it werent't for TT I wouldn't have even entered, I have been given the tools, the techniques, and the confidence from everyone here to keep going...my work has come a long way in the short time I have been creating (March 2006) and am pretty proud of myself for even trying!!!

So hey I'm a TT member and also a subscriber to TB&F where's my nomination??? :crackup:  :crackup:

also it has been mentioned above, how would they know about all the TT'ers if they didn't pop in themselves????

Hugs,
Krista

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

How does that saying go?... Don't shot the messenger! .....
We are all behind you Miss Mindy and support you in every ounce of work that you have put into this magazine and your helpful comments that you have given us on this forum.
I have been kicking myself in the rear for not having a bear ready to enter. But ya know, If you snooze, you loose.......
Nasty letters of accusations will get you know where in life. It just makes you a more envious person and is very hurtful for the receiver. These child games need to stop.
OK now....  :hug:  :hug: Group Hug!!...... :hug:  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Glad you got that off your chest, Mindy.  Totally not needed, as there's NO WAY the contests are rigged ~ ever!  But at least you'll feel better for having posted it to defend yourself  :hug:

I didn't enter the contests this year because I'd entered them in blind enthusiasm before.....and quickly learned that yes indeed crappy photos will kill a teddy bear entry faster than anything.  There's a TON of advice that's been given here freely on TT.  I was actually going to enter this year's contest, but aside from learning the camera angles, I got totally sidelined with an injury.  My point being ~ if you want to truly give it your best shot, realize it, and don't put forth any work that's not your ultimate best.  And then go and get on your armour, because in the end, the judges have only a very small few they can pick.....Do your best, and then be brave. 

Try not to let a few sour grapers spoil an otherwise lovely, lovely day!  I'm totally excited to know all these incredibly talented people that HAVE won this year   :dance:  :clap:  :hug:   And that's what Teddy Talk is about!  :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

:hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Oh good grief (is there such a thing)  I have nothing to add that hasn't already been spoken.  Just wanted to add my hug...that's all.  If it weren't for all these wonderful people here at TT, I would have hung up my mohair, needle and thread a long time ago.  Whenever I get frustrated, discouraged and don't know what to do next, THIS is where I come for help, a pat on the back or a kick in the butt...always well deserved I might add. 

:hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and your encouragement. You're really the best -- I hereby award all of you Teddy Hug Awards for Niceness in Time of Need.

In the clear light of day today, I am less upset and more incredulous. I guess my sense of humor has gotten a good night's sleep, so I see the ridiculous side of the whole discussion more clearly. Had you seen me hauling all the entries to Florida, inviting judges, feeding ballots into the computer program... And here I could have just charged bribes and picked my favorites. Silly me. Remind me to add "chocolate, wine, & flowers" to the entry fee page for 2008!  bear_tongue

Anyway, I am sorry to have shared my woe during a time of celebration. Let's turn the focus back to congratulating our friends and anticipating the Golden Teddy list. Though, of course, none of you can win GTs because they don't hang out here...  :crackup:

Thanks, friends.
Mindy

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I've been sitting here for the better part of a half an hour trying to think of something wise and politically correct to say.  However, my anger that someone has accused you, Mindy Kinsey, of such rubbish has me seething.  Not only is it a dart at you and the magazine but it's a dart at my work and all those from TT who've been nominated.....and even those who weren't.  To suggest that any one of us might have been nominated just because we all belong to a teddy bear forum.  HOW DARE THEY!!

Yes, I'm probably taking this way too personally.  Darn it though......this is my third year sending entries in.  Each progressive year I've worked even harder to attain a nomination.  For someone to come along and throw a dart at my work like that.......well.....may the bird of paradise poop in their pansy patch! 

Neither wise or politically correct, I'm afraid.  But, I'm over it now.  I will not let sour grapes, jealousy, or a mean spirit tarnish the fact that I put forth my best effort in this contest!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Egad!  Now don't I look like the silly nilly after Mindy's post!!    :redface:

And so it goes....... bear_tongue

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

No, you don't look silly Aleta.  I agree with you 100% and I'm glad you said what you said so plainly.  It IS a dart puncturing the balloon of happiness for so many nominees, to have the quality of their work questioned and the validity of their nomination denied.  It's a dart at the contest and the contest sponsors, and it's a dart at the integrity of the judges willing to put their names on the process, too. 

Mindy has put this all in perspective but that doesn't make the fact that a few malcontents suggested a contest "fix" any less offensive.  Perspective just makes the situation more tolerable in the light of day, when the big picture has come into focus and becomes more clear.

Mindy's so on the right track and so are all of you. 

There really IS a wonderful group of work represented in the nominations this year. 

And there really IS a wonderful group of work represented in the NOT nominated pieces this year.  My Sandman is totally AWESOME, if you ask me -- TOBY nom or otherwise!

bear_tongue 

And there really IS a wonderful group of work represented in this forum on a daily basis.

Merit, preference, and timing were the factors that came together to generate this year's list of nominees, just as they have come together to form every list of nominees and will continue to do so going forward.  It's never only just ONE thing.

I'm so heartened to read just how many of you, nominee, non-nominee, or bearmaker who didn't enter the contests at all, see that reality so clearly.

Thanks for such an intelligent and kind-hearted discussion.  Nobody has to be the bad guy here, even the complainers.  It's probably just a case of hurt feelings gone awry, and as human beings that's something we can all understand.

Mohair-covered group hug!  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I just wanted to send you hugs too Mindy.
I have not yet posted my congrats to all people who got nominated from TT plus all other participants but I really really feel proud of them.

I am really proud and honoured to have the opportunity to talk with so great and fantabulous people.
Hey, there are not that many places where you can meet that many great friendly artists.

Thanks Mindy for giving us opportunities to have all the tools and info to enter these awards, for giving us the opportunity to participate in your magazine (eventhough i am not a suscriber myself- please, forgive me!!!).

Don't let jealous people annoy you and keep them away of your mind!
Go and celebrate our fellow TT members!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Not the least bit, Aleta. That's part of what made me mad, too -- that someone would try to take away from your accomplishment by accusing me -- and it's most of the reason that I almost didn't say anything on this topic. I even got up this morning thinking I would ask to take the thread down, because it's not fair for a few people's ... jealousy or sour grapes or misinformed imaginations ... to distract from your wonderful artistry. But I was, admittedly, selfish enough to be worried there might be more disgruntled people who needed to hear what a few asked privately.

Your bear won because it is fabulous, Aleta -- no other reason. Some great bears didn't win, because that is the nature of contests, but some great bears did win, and I'm happy to hang out in a place where we can celebrate with the winners, console those who didn't win, and vow to enter or try harder next year. It's like "Cheers" with comfy chairs and coffee instead of barstools and beer. :)

Mindy

K Pawz Guest

:hug:  :hug: I'll second the mohair group hug!!! :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,
Krista

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836
Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

throw a dart at my work like that.....may the bird of paradise poop in their pansy patch!

:crackup: Oh, I may just have to embroider that onto a pillow or something. :crackup:

I hear you Aleta!  It's an insult to not only Mindy and the publication, but to every single artist who worked their tail off to create such amazing examples of artisan teddy bears.  I'd take it personally too, but quickly get over it.  There's always a grinch on a hill miserably looking over at the happy folk in whoville. Grinches can't steal spirit, unity and joy!! bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Oh crap, there's some in every crowd!
You are a much nicer person than I would have been Mindy!
Was that wine, chocolate and flowers..... :crackup: I won't have to enter and I'll still win!
:crackup:  :crackup:
flow_choc_champ_or_wine_$7150_large.jpg

Cheryl bear_flower

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Big hugs to you, Mindy, and all others who have such a great outlook on this. :hug:  There are winners and losers in every contest, but I truly think everyone who enters is a winner, hands down. Contests should encourage everyone to strive to perfect their offering and want to do even better next time.

Now, let's keep those celebratory smiles and hugs going! bear_original  :hug:  bear_smile

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

What a shame Mindy - but I'm glad to hear that you are not letting it get you down.

I must remember to pick only the best flowers, wine and chocolate to send - even though I haven't entered a contest in MANY years maybe I will have a chance then  :crackup:

Jane P.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

How very sad these people are who accused you so unfairly Mindy. bear_sad I feel sorry for them......it must really be rotten to go through life so bitter about things.  And then angry with them too, for trying to pull others down in the muck with them. bear_angry  Big, big hugs to you Mindy.......you certainly didn't deserve this! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Now, would a bit of cash along with the flowers, wine, and chocolate improve my chances for next year? bear_tongue  :crackup:

karenaus Melbourne
Website

argh competition brings out the worst in some people- how awful for you, who works so hard for the artists, to be accused of something so unethical. Not just you but your publisher, the judges too.
      So I wonder what they think you did *before* TT for your noms?? Sheesh..... sorry you had to go through that Mindy!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

150pix.jpgGod love ya Mindy !!! You did a great job defending the honor of the compitition. So sad.......!! There is lots of talent here !!! Its no wonder allot of us won this year. And there will be more next year I am sure !!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Avatarscannedcopyyellow200pix.jpg

Dilu Posts: 8,574

If the Tobys were fixed I think the gollies would have won hands down! 
So there!

We know you didn't do anything questionable-The gollies can always tell and you have our support 100%, even if you don't include them in the awards, they still love ya!

gollyhugs
dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hugs to you Mindy and sorry to hear what has gone on.
How could people even think that the competition was rigged.
Life is too short to worry about these people.

Let's celebrate with all  our wonderful friends, and  share our
smiles and hugs.

Hugs
Carolyn

:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Mindy I know most has been said already... I have not been online all day... was just talking to a good friend and she told me about this.  I was shocked to hear you had been accused... and wanted to just give you a big... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh for goodness sakes!!  Jealousy, sour grapes...thats all it is. 
I've really enjoyed the last few days of TT too...family happiness  bear_wub  I don't see how you can't be happy for your friends...I almost get as excited for my friends good fortune as my own...isn't that the way it should be?  and I'll never tire of it...so celebrate away all of you, its fantastic!!!!!!

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton
Jellybelly Bears wrote:

I don't see how you can't be happy for your friends...I almost get as excited for my friends good fortune as my own...isn't that the way it should be?

AMEN! :clap:

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

HI MINDY!

Not been here much lately and only just read your post...
It's just gotta be sour grapes!

I think by the size of this thread Mindy you know in your heart, there are many, many artists who believe in you and would never think for an instant that the Toby's were rigged.

The reply you wrote was very tactfull ... if were me that was attacked in that manner, I don't think I would have been so gracious.

Being an Aussie through and through, I probably would have told them to Get St....d!

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Pages:

Board footer