Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

You ladies are so sweet to say such nice things!!  Sometimes I already FEEL huge!!  But as far as belly size goes, I know I'm only about halfway there! lol 

Sarah,  perhaps some day you will....?  Then you'll know just what we're talking about!!!!

Kimberly W.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Beautiful photo Kim and thanks for sharing.
You take care and good luck and we look forward to seeing your photos of baby.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Kimberly
     You so do not look like a mother of three, you look so young. I only have 2 so there is nothing I can tell you, you have been there and done that.  I too loved being pregnant, I didn't gain much weight with either, so I was really comfortable during the whole time. I could have done with out the pain during delivery, my first one I had an old time doctor who didn't believe in pain meds for moms, I was in labor 23 hours, I got a new doctor, but she was on vacation when I went into labor and it was some really old fart who also was from the old school, I finally threatened to kill him if I didn't get an epideral, they got me one and it only numbed one leg, from the thigh down.  Which completely sucked but I made it thru.
     As I said before the pictures are beautiful and what a wonderful thing to have to remember this birth.
Bear Hugs
Jodi

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Kim, I am so jealous - you look stunning...

ALl the best - what a beautiful bub you are going to have - can't wait for those photos!
Danni

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Kim, What wonderful photos!! You will treasure these always!!  bear_wub

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you so much for the good wishes; I too cannot WAIT to see this little one face to face!

Jodi, thank you (about my age)! bear_original  I did both of my labors with only Nubane which supposedly takes the edge off but MAN it still hurts!!!!!!  I liken it to someone hooking your pelvis to a wench and trying to yank it out through your nether regions.... bear_shocked 

It's kind of funny, I will lay in bed sometimes, which is when my mind starts turning and conjuring, and I will remember how much pain it was to go through childbirth and my heart will start racing and I'll get all anxious and downright SCARED! lol  bear_wacko  But you know, I will probably do this one naturally too.  I figure I've done it twice already and I'm not dead, might as well.... lol  Plus, I am one of those paranoid people who let the tiny risk of epidural paralysis or permanent numbness far outweigh the pain I'll have to go through....  My first child was 18 hours labor with actual pushing for 50 mins and my second child was about the same labor with actual pushing for about 3 mins.  I literally pushed twice with Brynn.  The doctor was like, "OK, you can start pushing," and she turned and went to wash her hands, and the nurse was like, "Um, Doctor??" and Brynn was already crowning!  The Doctor said, "STOP PUSHING STOP PUSHING!" lol and ran over just in time for me to push once more and she was born!  You know, it's darn near impossible to stop pushing when your body is saying push!!

Kimberly W.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Kimberley, when Lauren gave birth to Tristan, the Drs thinking it was her first she would take some time but he was in a hurry so she was in labour for a short period. She also went the natural way- but they did ask her halfway  or at sometime if she wanted an epidural- At that stage she was hurting so she said yes- well no Dr would come out to do an epidural- so the she had to continue. Well they were told that the moms- waiting for the next day who were undecided about how they would deliver after hearing Lauren had decided they wanted to be out cold for their deliveries  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes

With me- My first baby she arrived with the nuns delivering her as the Dr also said- she would take time- and he had no sooner left the room, when she arrived.

With Lauren they removed the special stitch closing the womb, and within 15 minutes she was born,Dale my son was 20 minutes. Fast fast fast. Yet today with them both in their 30's whenever I see those big clocks on the wall and watch the minute hands go round, I still think of lying on that labour bed timing the contractions.

ahhh now if a man had to have a baby- I wonder how many people would be on this earth bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Lynette

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I know, don't you love it when they say ," don't push", yeah right!!!!! My first was bad because the baby was turned sideways and was trying to come out that way, when they finally figured it out, the labor went so much better, I know this sounds so stupid, but I LOVED when they said , OK start pushing, I think the pressure from the baby made the pain go away.  I had a friend do the epidural and she had such a great delivery, no problems at all. I had nothing but problems. I was like you I would start thinking about the pain and I would break out in a cold sweat.  When I went into labor and the doctor was an ass about the epidural I kept crying, "it wasn't supposed to be like this" . I bet the nurses wanted to smack me
      When I finally got nasty they did call someone to give me one. But as I said, it didn't take and just cost a fortune, I really wish I would have mentally prepared for the pain and not messed with the epidural. My youngest is 11 and I think now they have a way to see when your contractions are at there worse, which seems like it would make it better somehow.
    I bet this baby will come so fast you won't even need to worry about getting an epidural or not. I have a friend who has 5 and she said after the second it wasn't as painful, she said if it had been she would have never had the 4th and 5th.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Kimberly, you look wonderful! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better now. I only have about 4 weeks left before my little one arrives! I am so freakin huge, it's unbelievable. Well, not really since I gained 55 lbs with the first one!  I had some photos taken with my belly and my little girl. I'll share when I get them back in a couple days.

BearBottoms wrote:

Did anyone else feel kind of weird after they gave birth because suddenly there wasn't anything squirming around in there that you'd gotten so used to? lol

I remember after my first one was born I would still sit around rubbing on my tummy. It would take a few seconds to realize it was just fat now!

Ft. Bragg, NC
Sandi.S. wrote:

I remember after my first one was born I would still sit around rubbing on my tummy. It would take a few seconds to realize it was just fat now!

LMAO LMAO Sandi!!  :crackup:  That is HILARIOUS, and for the reason that I did the SAME THING!!  Not only that, it feels SO weird, doesn't it, when it's been all hard and full of baby, then suddenly it's this mooshy sqwooshy thing.
Ooo, I am SO looking forward to seeing pics!!!!  Don't forget to post them!

Isn't t so funny how the doctors tell you to push and then when the baby starts coming far sooner then they'd thought, they're like 'AGH! STOP!!" I believe they said something about if the baby comes out too fast the fluids are not adequately removed (squeezed) from their lungs.  I can understand that, but well your body has VERY strong urges that sometimes can't be controlled!!  I can't beleive how quickly many of you and others gave birth and/or went through labor!!!

Kimberly W.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Beautiful, beautiful you!!  bear_flower  bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
BearBottoms wrote:

You ladies are so sweet to say such nice things!!  Sometimes I already FEEL huge!!  But as far as belly size goes, I know I'm only about halfway there! lol 

Sarah,  perhaps some day you will....?  Then you'll know just what we're talking about!!!!

Kimberly W.

hehe, I've seen my sister go through it twice...shes a very vocal complainer lol.  She had a C section for Emily and think that is the way to go  bear_tongue   Oooo, pain  bear_ermm

Australia
BearBottoms wrote:

Isn't t so funny how the doctors tell you to push and then when the baby starts coming far sooner then they'd thought, they're like 'AGH! STOP!!" I believe they said something about if the baby comes out too fast the fluids are not adequately removed (squeezed) from their lungs.  I can understand that, but well your body has VERY strong urges that sometimes can't be controlled!!  I can't beleive how quickly many of you and others gave birth and/or went through labor!!!

Kimberly W.

Oh I know about that, Emily was a C'ser so didn't get the squeeze they need.  Her eyes were bloodshot, her little toes and hands were blue...and they made her cry to clear her lungs while she was in the incubator....so heartbreaking!!!!!!  I had to watch her while my sister was in recovery for something like 6 hours.  She insisted on them giving her more drugs than necessary so she didn't feel any prodding lol.   I kept watch so no one "stole" emily.  Even tho the security is very tight now, I suppose I didn't want to leave her anyway.
xx sarah

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you Aleta!  :hug:

Sarah, I hadn't even thought about no squeeze with a c section, but that makes sense!  Oh, the poor little one (and mom!) going through that!  I know exactly how you feel though, saying you stood guard over her baby!  Those motherly instincts are there!!  When I am at the store and hear a newborn baby cry, I get this flush over me and my heart races a bit, like I'm nervous for why the baby is crying and want to go rushing over to it! lol  It's those motherly insticts coming out again even though it's not my kid!!!

I dunno about wanting to do a C section instead of vaginal though... I've heard that the surgery site is VERY painful.  My best friend in high school had a C section and I just remember seeing her waddling in pain around the hospital room looking like The Penguin from Bat Man!  I'd much rather have the vaginal birth healing instead!

Kimberly W.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

The blessing far out rides the pain !!! And I like the other Jodi know the wonderful blessing and the fullness of love having children brings.It has been the best part of my life. I thank God every day for this blessing.You will do just fine , bear_grin

Ft. Bragg, NC

bear_original Thanks, Jodi F.  I know I'll do all right; I've already done it twice!!  bear_tongue

Kimberly W.

Australia
BearBottoms wrote:

Thank you Aleta!  :hug:

Sarah, I hadn't even thought about no squeeze with a c section, but that makes sense!  Oh, the poor little one (and mom!) going through that!  I know exactly how you feel though, saying you stood guard over her baby!  Those motherly instincts are there!!  When I am at the store and hear a newborn baby cry, I get this flush over me and my heart races a bit, like I'm nervous for why the baby is crying and want to go rushing over to it! lol  It's those motherly insticts coming out again even though it's not my kid!!!

I dunno about wanting to do a C section instead of vaginal though... I've heard that the surgery site is VERY painful.  My best friend in high school had a C section and I just remember seeing her waddling in pain around the hospital room looking like The Penguin from Bat Man!  I'd much rather have the vaginal birth healing instead!

Kimberly W.

Oh I know...I'm only an aunt and I reckon my motherly instincts are pretty strong, so I can imagine a real mothers haha.  Oh yes, the cut is sore, eeek...its all too painful to me, you're all very very brave!!  Oh, I should add, my sister went with a C section coz she is very small.  Ryan her first got stuck!  Poor thing with bruises on his head  bear_cry  They wanted to give her a C'ser with her first but she wanted to feel what childbirth was like  bear_wacko  and she was told that an emergency operation could take place if things got rough...I suppose they thought it would run smoother than it did. My sister...one of a kind hehe bear_whistle

Ft. Bragg, NC

Yep, that's what I did the first time - wanted to do it all natural so I could feel what childbirth was like... the next time (and probably this time) I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment!!  It's crazy; I KNOW how badly it hurts, but will still do it without an epidural. Stubborn old mule..... lol I can hardly handle getting a tattoo, so if I can do it you can do it (any way), Sarah! :)

Kimberly W.

Australia

haha.....Oh its better for the baby anyway.  Good luck hon!!   :hug:  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Funny you are all talking about epidurals... My mom told me that I shouldnt get one! YIKES! My hubby was almost 10 lbs when he was born! YIKES! I was just over 6 lbs... My mom said that if I eat normally and not pig out that I should still have a small baby (when the time comes - but that is being worked on  bear_whistle   the cat's out of the bag!  bear_whistle  bear_whistle too bad getting pregnant isn't as easy as I thought it would be!) Anywho, my mom had all four of us COMPLETELY natural! COMPLETELY!  and only had one of the four of us in a hospital! I dunno if I am that brave!  Hey, I'll take the wimpy way out, no problem for me!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

klippie Klippie's Creations
Gauteng (Johannesburg)

Your pictures are fabulous, don't you wanna come and do mine  :crackup:  I am now in my 27th week. I hope you are blessed with a little angel what ever he / she might be. Enjoy!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277
BearBottoms wrote:

Unfortunately, I can't join that club! I labored for 24 hours with my daughter and it took a whole hour to push her out. I didn't mind taking a wee little break when her head came out and they asked me to stop pushing so they could remove the fluids.

BearBottoms wrote:

My best friend in high school had a C section and I just remember seeing her waddling in pain around the hospital room looking like The Penguin from Bat Man!

Haha...that's what I look like right now, except I'm still pregnant! My feet are swollen on a regular basis now. They were so swollen the first time they looked like they belonged to Fred Flinstone! Yay, can't wait for that again! bear_laugh

beary_clairey Luton

Kim,

You are the epitomy of the perfect looking pregnant woman and so lovely with it.

I envy you tremendously!!!

I am at the moment on a weight loss programme so that hopefully when I get to my goal weight I can get fat again !!! Just this time I hope it will be a baby rather than food!!! Its so hard to know you have to climb a mountain before you can satisfy your biological clock but I'm guessing that by working so hard for it when I get there it will feel even better!!!

Enjoy every moment and I'm looking forward to seeing more piccies!!!

Hugs

Claire

Ft. Bragg, NC

Well KimBee, I think it's a personal choice!  I ALMOST got one with my first because it really truly was the worst pain I have ever been in, but the Anesthesiologist was a complete jerk and I ended up not getting it simply because I think that if he stayed in that room I would have killed him. lol  I guess when I asked for it, I WOKE HIM UP from his sleep, and by law he had to explain the risks involved with the epidural.  Well, I was having contractions so bad that he kept having to stop, and he was all sighing really loud and mumbling under his breath, waiting for me to finish my contraction so I finally was like, "No, forget it... I don't want one." And he literally started throwing his stuff back into his medical bag and stormed out.  I was honestly afraid that if I had him do it, he'd be so angry about it that he WOULD hurt me.  Now that I think back on it, I'm kind of glad I dragged him out of bed only to say no, after he had that attitude!  bear_shocked

Awww, Claire, thank you!  That is really sweet of you!  Yes, sometimes it does seem like there's a mountain to climb; I think we all feel that way about one thing or another in our lives, so you are NOT alone!  You make sure that when you DO decide to have a baby, you share plenty of pics with us!!!  bear_original  :hug: And it WILL be so satisfying and self gratifying to know that you've done everything you can to ensure your baby's health! Good for you!

Kimberly W.

sarahjane Brisbane

OMG girls I have to stop reading this post!!!  I'd really loooove anothe one, you would think after 7 I would know when to stop!!!!!  bear_shocked

Board footer