Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles Patsy! You're right...you will beat this...the war will be won but some of the battles are going to be hard. Be good to yourself.
If I may give you a word of advice that my doctor gave me when I found out I was dealing with a chronic pain situation.
She said:"When I give the diagnosis, I make an appointment to see you in 1 month. You will either come to me with a raft of research you have done on the internet, which we will go through and discuss why some things work and some don't. You will know all you can about your ailment and we will become partners in your management/recovery.  Or you will show up completely defeated asking for a wheelchair".

I remember thinking it was a bit harsh but you know, it is true! Educate yourself all you can and you can feel less like a victim and more like the 'warrior chick' you want to be!
Bless you sweetie! I'll be praying for you! :hug:  :hug:
Cheryl bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Patsy: Many prayers for you....So sorry you are dealing with this pain...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Patsy . . . my sister-in-law had polymyalgia, but is now over it, thankfully.  I'm so sorry you're going through it . . . many good thoughts heading your way.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi Patsy,
Thinking of you and hoping that your recovery is the quickest on record!  As someone with myalgia issues (fibro) I can tell you that allowing yourself to rest when you need to and do what you love when you can is the best mental medicine.  Don't push yourself to do it all.

Take care of you and keep that positive attitude (it does help so much!)...you WILL beat it, and quickly!!
:hug:
~Chrissi

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Sending prayers your way for the pain to go away and for your body to be healed.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

so sorry to hear this news, Patsy,

Pain is rough to live with, but, you will find your way,

I pray the medication helps you a lot and that the hidden blessings will become apparent....because, hon, there are always hidden blessings...

soft gentle hugs and gollykisses.....

dilu

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I'm praying for you!

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Patsy I send all good wishes and prayers of healing your way..... :hug:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Dear Patsy,
Now Patsy, I think you should stand on your HEAD, say abracadabra  I think this will cure you bear_rolleyes
bear_rolleyes
Honestly thou- isnt, it just horrid what we get wrong, makes one so mad, but today, remember medical science is clever and if you can be positive (at times not so easy) take the medication, and do what the Dr's orders, we will soon have you bouncing around like a Joey.

Sending you a BIG hug from South Africa.
Lynette

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh Sweety, I'm sending hugz and prayers your way!!!  :hug:  :pray:

Board footer