Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Mindy I would love to accept your kind invitation...I love to party  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  but it's just tooo far away from OZ.
Look forward to the  :photo:  though!

EDIT: Maybe one day you can come and party downunder!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_laugh  At least you got away to tell the tale Karen  bear_laugh

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Karen the Vegas story only makes us love you more!

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Thanks for the invitation to Oz, Sandi! That would be a wonderful adventure. Maybe someday...

bear_original Mindy

Lancaster PA

Hey, Everybody!

If you're planning to attend the Teddy Talk LIVE event at IDEX Las Vegas, please register for the event at http://www.idexshows.com/images2/LVWorkshopReg.pdf. Lemonade costs $60/gallon in Vegas, so we need to know who's coming before we order too much of it! :)

Thanks!
Mindy

PS: We've got some other great teddy bear events planned, too -- check out http://www.idexshows.com/lv.events.php.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Say what????!!!!  Lemonade at $60/gallon???  Man, I'm gonna set up a lemonade stand outside the hotel and sell it for $40/gallon!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Lancaster PA

I wish I were kidding. I've learned a lot about shows since we bought IDEX, and most of it is very frightening. I've always respected and admired show promoters, but my appreciation has increased tenfold since I've learned some of the crud they have to deal with -- insane food prices, room night requirements, receiving charges for shipments, and A/V equipment charges are just some of the fun. I'm sorry that we have to charge admission for events like the Teddy Talk party, but otherwise it would cost us hundreds or even thousands of dollars per event to sponsor them. Believe me, teddy bear show promoters are NOT getting rich running events, and it's a wonder they maintain their sanity!

So, props to show promoters.

And please register for my IDEX events. :)

Mindy

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

It doesn't look like I'll be making it to the Teddy Talk event on Friday night.  I'm still trying to make the TOBY and DOTY banquet though!!  All those connecting flights here there and everywhere.....  On Sunday I shall just collapse.    bear_wacko

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I definitely think we need a more detailed explanation about Karen's Vegas "misinterpretations." I can't imagine what caused a bunch of you to run down the hallway with security guards chasing you.

Hey, Mindy could assign a couple of you to keep track of Karen and then write up "Karen's Vegas Adventures 2007" in the Live Reporting section, complete with pictures and comments by the security guys. That way we'll get a behind the scenes report, too, and not just the proper "edited for publication version."

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL
thebearguys wrote:
Mutz wrote:

Wish I could be there too....How about one in Schaumburg????
Amy

OH Amy I agree we should do one in Schaumburg how cool would that be, lots of TT's go to Schaumburg and even if it's just you and us and Mindy we'll have a fantastic time  oh  wait Laura Lynn lives nearby so we could kidnap her and we could all go bar hoping in her new mecedes (she can be the designated driver)

Hmmmm we will have to think about the LV one though,  have to count our pennies and see if we can manage that one.  It's Steve's big 40 in July and he wants to go to Vegas, so maybe we just do it a couple of weeks early,  hmmm now if we get Karen Lyons involved with this party then we might get into trouble (Karen has a habit of getting into trouble in Las Vegas  bear_rolleyes  but I won't say anymore   bear_laugh )

big hugs

Shane

Count me in!!!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Me Too!!!

loopylou Posts: 35

bear_cry  bear_cry I feel left out  bear_sad  I live in the United Kingdom So i wont be able to come to any  bear_cry  bear_cry

Lancaster PA

Did I mention there will be door prizes?

a. 3 to to 5 free TT T-shirts (compliments of Teddy Talk) b. Free TT banner ad for one year (compliments of Quy) c. One web banner - TT dimensions or otherwise (compliments of Shelli)

We can wear our TT shirts and autograph them, make ATCs as souvenirs, take lots of pictures, and actually talk in person. C'mon and play, everyone, it'll be fun! (And be sure to register.)

Mindy "Register" Kinsey
(Yes, by the end of June, I may actually answer to "Regi".)

Marlys I LOVE your avatar picture that bear is so cute, he makes me want to hug him with his sad little  expression. bear_wub  Cute Cute Cute

I am so sad I won't get to "Vegas Baby!"  Just the saying "What goes on in Vegas , stays in Vegas"  Oops wait a minute, I don't think that is the right saying, it should be "What goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas, except  if you are anyone named Karen"  bear_happy

The party sounds like so much fun!!!!!!!!!!

Lancaster PA

Just a reminder to please, please register if you're planning to attend the party in Vegas. If no one registers, I'm going to have to cancel the event. I'll be terribly disappointed, but Shelli, Judi, and I can get together without renting a room, planning activities, arranging refreshments, providing doorprizes, etc.

http://www.idexshows.com/images2/LVWorkshopReg.pdf

Warning: The following is a strongly worded pep talk. I'm writing it in exasperation regarding the Vegas show, but it applies to just about every show (and bear "infrastructure" business) out there right now. If you're easily offended or committed to staying home, please skip it.

I've gotta tell you, the Vegas event registration lists are making the bear people look fairly apathetic. Several of the doll events are already sold out, and the bear events ... not so much. Well, not at all. Are we going to let the doll people get a reputation for being more enthusiastic, involved, and committed than the bear people? Are we going to let hard porcelain beat out cuddly fur? Are we going to disappoint the members of our community who have stepped up to lead workshops? Are we going to dissolve into indifference? There are more than 1,000 members here! If only 10% showed up, we'd have a rocking party. Don't you want to network with people in person? Share a hug and a laugh? And there are so many opportunities other than the TT event: At the show, you have the chance to meet at least 100 retail buyers. Learn new skills at workshops. Hand a bear to me and show it off in person. "The difference between 'try' and 'triumph' is just a little 'umph.'" Where's our teddy bear "umph"??

If you're coming to Vegas, please register. If you're not, please sign up for a different show. Mail postcards to your collectors. Offer your bears to a retailer. Buy an ad. Give a talk at your local library. Please do something to support the industry and spread the word about teddy bear artwork. My mother always says, "Many hands make light work." I'd love to see you in Vegas, but if you can't make it, we still need your hands. Please.

Lancaster PA

By the way, using the "If you build it, they will come" philosophy, the party is definitely on. Thanks to those who have registered, those who have donated doorprizes, and those who have sent me enthusiastic notes. It's not too late to join the fun. See you in Vegas!

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

What about Sand Diego Show? I would love to go to Vegas but, I can't bear_cry  I am looking forward to the San Diego Show. Is the only one close enough for me to go to and it is always so great to see all the beautiful bears and people!
Take lots of pictures at the Vegas one and like Dilu said, please do not forget the Gollies.
Have fun you guys! bear_thumb
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys :rose:
Mindy I love this month magazine. The article on the ATCs! :clap:

Lancaster PA

Thanks for the compliment...glad you like the new issue. Even after 13 years, I like to know people are reading the magazine and what they like (and don't like!).

I won't be in San Diego, unfortunately. Like many of you, I've run out of time and money to travel! There's been talk about organizing another party at the Schaumburg show in October, but that doesn't help you Left Coast residents. (That's why you should come to Vegas! As Glamour magazine wrote this month, "Go to Las Vegas. It's hotter'n hell but all the fun is inside!")

Speaking of Schaumburg, anyone who's planning to exhibit or register for the convention needs to do so this month (June). ABC mentioned a somewhat startling lack of RSVPs so far -- very unusual for their shows. I figure everyone's wincing at the price of gas and plane tickets -- or yawning lazily in the summer sun -- but you really need to plan your travel and let ABC know so they can plan the show. In the whole supply/demand scheme of economics, they need to know what the demand is so they can supply the right amount of tables, workshops, etc.

Cheers!

Polo, IL

Well I am all for having a party in Schaumburg.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Well we should get some people together Jared and see what we can arrange , we are game for trying to help set something up there.  I'm sure Laura Lynn might be able to help us out as well (nothing like being volunteered hey Laura) as she lives in the area.  I'm sure Lemonade isn't $60.00 a gallon in Schaumburg  bear_grin

Shane

Mindy writes:

Warning: The following is a strongly worded pep talk. I'm writing it in exasperation regarding the Vegas show, but it applies to just about every show (and bear "infrastructure" business) out there right now. If you're easily offended or committed to staying home, please skip it.

I've gotta tell you, the Vegas event registration lists are making the bear people look fairly apathetic. Several of the doll events are already sold out, and the bear events ... not so much. Well, not at all. Are we going to let the doll people get a reputation for being more enthusiastic, involved, and committed than the bear people? Are we going to let hard porcelain beat out cuddly fur? Are we going to disappoint the members of our community who have stepped up to lead workshops? Are we going to dissolve into indifference? There are more than 1,000 members here! If only 10% showed up, we'd have a rocking party. Don't you want to network with people in person? Share a hug and a laugh? And there are so many opportunities other than the TT event: At the show, you have the chance to meet at least 100 retail buyers. Learn new skills at workshops. Hand a bear to me and show it off in person. "The difference between 'try' and 'triumph' is just a little 'umph.'" Where's our teddy bear "umph"??

I think a rumble is due , I bet I can take a couple doll people!!!!!!!  JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

I love my cabbage patch dolls bear_wub

I do wish I could be there but as they say if wishes were rainbows, hmmmm what do they say about wishes  bear_wacko
I really look forward to the show in October, it will be so nice getting to talk to everyone face to face. bear_thumb
:hug:
Jodi

Polo, IL

Shane -
Lemonade in Schuamburg will be $50/gal. :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

We surely can think of something to offer people to join us.
Treasure Hunt? Teddy Bear Trivia Quiz? Door Prizes (I'll give something)?
Shoot I'd even be willing to teach a class or offer tip on Photographing your teddy bears.  I have had to learn that over the years.
Something...

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I'm sure we could come up with something, Jodi could teach us all how to do those wonderful open mouths that she does  :crackup:  :crackup: .  We'd be willing to donate something as well for a door prize or show off some tips or tricks.  Good idea Jared, I like that,  of course just playing games and having fun would be a hoot as well.

big hugs

Shane

Board footer