Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Galveston has mandatory evacuations and Houston does, too, in the places where it tends to flood.  We have a very dear friend who just had a serious stroke and is hospitalized in Houston.  Think hospital and nursing home residents are definitely being evacuated!  If only this had been the case in New Orleans!! bear_sad bear_sad

Deb Upstate New York

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov is loaded with lots of historical as well as current hurricane info.  SueAnn, we'll want pictures of Tobey!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Thanks, Deb . . . that's an interesting site!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sue Ann - thinking of you and  good luck with the weather and may you stay safe and also with your new doggie - may he prove to be a wonderful friend.

Hugs
Carolyn

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Sue Ann,

You're in my prayers.  I am definitely keeping watch on this thing, my husband's family is in Houston.  The news this morning is not encouraging.  I cannot imagine Houston being evacuated.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Sue-Anne, I think of you evertime I hear the news reports of Rita. Take care of yourself, and every precaution that you can.
Hugs, Terrie

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Everyone out there must be very tense Sue Ann.  I've just been watching the lunchtime news about the US hurricane here - they are showing long, long queues of traffic and cars running out of petrol, Brits flying home, etc etc etc.  One guy has been arrested for taking a swim in the sea ... looking at the wild sea I can't imagine what made him think that was a good idea!

Anyway, I hope you are safely secured and that the worst passes you by.

Take care and let us know how things go.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm sending every good thought to Texas I can muster.  And I've just read New Orleans already has a breach in their levee system, re-flooding much of the city.  <sigh>  It all just reminds me of that old saying:  "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger."  I think southern Americans will be just about the strongest people on earth, by the time hurricane season passes this year.

Please keep warm and dry and safe and keep us posted from the homefront.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.  The latest is that Rita has turned slightly to the east, thus saving the Galveston/Houston metropolitan areas the worst blow.  It also means that my area probably won't be hit with as much rain/wind as was first thought.  There will still be some of that here, but not the 10 inches of rain first predicted!  There have been such miseries with just the evacuations!  Houston is a huge city and the roads from there to Dallas (250 or so miles) are crawling with cars . . . it's like a huge parking lot!  People have been sitting in that traffic for more than 20 hours and are running out of gas, food . . . no restroom facilities!!  It's horrible.  A bus exploded just outside of Dallas and killed at least 24 nursing home residents that were being evacuated from the coast.  Just sitting in the traffic overheated the brakes, the bus caught fire, then exploded the oxygen tanks that some of the sicker people had with them.  I don't know . . . maybe in some instances, it would have been better just to stay and ride it out.  But then you have what happened in New Orleans.  My, my . . . what a world we live in now!  Let's just all hope that something good can come out of all this trauma.

Pages:

Board footer