Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Well, you have done it again! I have always been so blessed to be able to count on my TT Friends for good thoughts and prayers.

We just got Gypsy home yesterday and she is doing better. She made it through the whole ordeal and that is what matters most.

She is having a bit of a weeping problem with her incision so it will be back to vet in the morning, but I know we will be able to get her through this.

So thank you all as I know prayers and good wishes all so often have a good outcome!

Hugs Louise and Garnet

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Louise: That is such good new that your Gypsy will be o.k.  :dance:  :clap:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

That is wonderful news Louise, I'm so happy for you all!!!  :hug:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: For Gypsy :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs &

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh Louise I am SO HAPPY to hear that!!!   bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Y E E E E E S S S !!!!    :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Yay! Hooray for Gypsy and her recovery!! Such good news! I'm happy it turned out so well.

It's true there have been lots of animal deaths been posted on this board lately. Makes me so sad. My beloved blue beta fish Magellan died a couple weeks ago. I didn't post it cause I figured no one would care that my fish died...it's not like a cat or dog. But it really upset me. Magellan suffered terribly his last few days. He had caught a bad disease. He was supposed to make the move with us to Massachusetts in a few days. We gave him a little funeral at our favorite park and put wildflowers on his grave. He was buried in a tiny matchbox. No, I don't believe in flushing my family members down the toilet.

He was a very animated little fellow. Everytime I looked at him he would do a happy dance for me. Magellan had a lot of personality for a little fish, and he was so beautiful.

-Eliza

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

:dance:  It is so nice to hear a happy ending
:hug:
Jodi

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'm glad Gypsy is doing well.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
burlisonbears wrote:

Yay! Hooray for Gypsy and her recovery!! Such good news! I'm happy it turned out so well.

It's true there have been lots of animal deaths been posted on this board lately. Makes me so sad. My beloved blue beta fish Magellan died a couple weeks ago. I didn't post it cause I figured no one would care that my fish died...it's not like a cat or dog. But it really upset me. Magellan suffered terribly his last few days. He had caught a bad disease. He was supposed to make the move with us to Massachusetts in a few days. We gave him a little funeral at our favorite park and put wildflowers on his grave. He was buried in a tiny matchbox. No, I don't believe in flushing my family members down the toilet.

He was a very animated little fellow. Everytime I looked at him he would do a happy dance for me. Magellan had a lot of personality for a little fish, and he was so beautiful.

-Eliza

Eliza, when my last fish died I was inconsolable.  They're just as important as our cats and dogs in our hearts, and anyone who tells us otherwise is RUBBISH!  bear_wacko

I've worked with Bettas here at University, measuring their threat responses, and they were the best thing to watch, bless them... My Moor, Bogglet caught Dropsy, so his passing was dreadful... fingers crossed they're in a better place now bear_original

Louisville, Kentucky

Dropsy! That's exactly what Magellan had. I looked up his disease when he was suffering. Oh my God, it was the most excruciating thing I've seen. And he suffered for two full days before passing, and I felt so helpless that there was nothing I could do to ease his pain. bear_cry

Glad you understand about the fish, Chloe. The poor little sweethearts.

-Eliza

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
burlisonbears wrote:

Dropsy! That's exactly what Magellan had. I looked up his disease when he was suffering. Oh my God, it was the most excruciating thing I've seen. And he suffered for two full days before passing, and I felt so helpless that there was nothing I could do to ease his pain. bear_cry

Glad you understand about the fish, Chloe. The poor little sweethearts.

-Eliza

I don't think theres anything we could have done once it was present, but I still feel guilty... We bought three new Lionheads (Carrot, Jasper and Harold) for the tank and Jasper only lived a week with us too, but he was a little bent in the middle: I think it might have been a genetic problem... Still cried, and I'd only known him a week!

I guess we're all soppy about our pets, no matter what bear_original

Louisville, Kentucky

Aw, that's sad, Chloe. Yeah, we must be the same when it comes to animals. I was sad to watch the big turtle in our creek die a few days ago. I had known it when it was alive. The turtle wasn't my pet or anything, but I enjoyed seeing him on a daily basis while taking my dog out to play. And there he was dead and picked at by the crows...just like that.

As for my betta Magellan he was my birthday present in January. And I was determined to keep him healthy enough to last the full two years the pet store claims they will live. Well, he only managed half a year. And I was very good at keeping his tank clean and keeping him happy and healthy.

My sister had a success story with her betta. He lived for 4 years!

-Eliza

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

We just got Gypsy home yesterday and she is doing better. She made it through the whole ordeal and that is what matters most.

WONDERFUL NEWS LOUISE :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

TeddyTyke Posts: 65

Glad Gypsy's doing better. Hope she keeps getting stronger for you, every day!  We lost of darling staffie Christmas week and am still not over it. We still have our other dog, fortunately - dunno what I'd do without her.

It's nice to see fellow fishie keepers here, too. bear_grin  I have 2 shubunkins in my 40 gal tank and they are my boys! We managed to keep one of my son's fairground fish alive 5 years, and these two are now around 5, too.  I learned everything from the forums here:

www.goldfishparadise.com

Brilliant info that will help any fish keeper.  The fish (Bob and Derek) definitely recognise me (go nuts when I go near the tank as I feed them - won't let anyone else!) And with good care, goldfish can live at least 20 years so that's a long time to have any pet. You do get so attached to them.

Board footer