ABraggAboutBear BraggAbout Bears
Lincoln

We'd like to join in.... bear_original

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

oh me too - im in please
a clown ratty ???

gail i love that fabric too - you wouldnt have to make clothes you could make a cone hat and a ruff (gathered thingy ?) to match ?

cat xxx
ps welcome aboard TT gail - hi 5 fellow brit heehee

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

The more the merrier!  We've got a great team of clown designers coming together now!  The gallery is going to be so colourful and such fun to look at ... a real spirit booster!

'Smidge' is absolutely adorable Gail ... how you can make them so tiny amazes me!

Weymouth
Website

oops i replied to page one - i didnt realise how long this thread was and that gail had done 2 clowns !
erk !

must finnish something im supposed to be completing, then i can play too ....

ive done that before - read and reply 1 page of the thread !
duh !

cat xxx

Lincoln

Hey all,

Just popped "Rufus TatterMoon" an old saggy, baggy clown in to the Gallery.... He has seen better days but he is still smiling, as all good clowns must do!

Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

Rufus TatterMoon's name really suits him :clap: . Gosh I thought I was fast at sewing, but you must be even faster as he looks to be quite a tall chap bear_original I admire those who make larger bears, I am not sure that I can make much bigger bears than about 5" I just cant wait that long to see how they turn out! Having said that the weeny ones are quite fiddley at times and sometimes take longer than I thought they would.

Lincoln

Hi Gail,

I admire the folk that make the tiny bears... I just cant get to grips with them! ( Through no fault of their own!) Rufus TatterMoon is 15 inches, but remember BraggAbout bears is a couple, and many hands make light work! bear_original 
Chad and I work well as team, and seem to balance each other all the time...This happens with our Bear making too! :dance:

Suffolk

Ah, now I see Victoria (just went to your website and had a look...lovely by the way)
I think that is so nice when you can share your love of bears together.When I show my husband my latest creation, he usually says "thats nice" but not much more than that before going back to his computer bear_sad
He is however very good at advising me how I can improve my web pages and photography, both of which he knows exactly what he is talking about.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Gail, another super lil bear! I've never made one so small, they must be soooo fiddly. you've done such a great job (again)!

ABraggAboutBear (what a great name that is), such wonderful work too!! Rufus is lovely.

You guys are so speedy. I must be the slowest bear maker on this planet. I've been working on the same bear for what seems like forever (a couple of months at least).  For my clown bear I'm going to have a go at using the machine, it's just gotta be quicker that handsewing everything. Sigh!  bear_ermm

I'm going to shopping for fabrics next week so I'll post a piccie of my selection asap.  bear_noexpression

Best regards

Lisa

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Rufus Tattermoon is such a well loved sweetie! Nice job!!

Weymouth
Website

ooh lisa - lucky you going shopping ....
yes do post your stash that you come home with :-)

me - ill have to do some raiding and rummaging at home ....
cat xxx

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Can I comment if I'm not in the challenge ? I like Clown no 2 best Gail  :clap:    ..... in fact I'm going to hope the "Christmas Fairy" brings me one for Crimbo !!!
Don't worry everyone - I seem to remember Gail was nicknamed "speedy" by her friends at school!  bear_grin  I really liked the little umbrella too ; they are practically impossible to make !
Mini Hugs to everyone !  Ruth   bear_flower  bear_flower

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Oh sorry Victoria .. I certainly didn't mean to ignore your beautiful bear  bear_shocked  I only just found the challenge photos !! ( wouldn't want anyone thinking it's favouritism for m'sister !!)
I shall remember to come back and check the thread again soon .  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:
Huggies , Ruth   bear_flower

Suffolk

Come on Ruth! you have a go as well,  :hug: you have until September, that should give you plenty of time, If you join in maybe the Christmas fairy will bring you a little clown too bear_tongue hows that for a promise bear_grin

PS everybody says I walk fast too, but I say its just that my legs are shorter, I am only 5' tall and I have to take more steps to cover the same distance!

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Ah! Chrissi is just trying to tell you May I help too! :crackup: She is so cute. I  bear_wub  cats. I would like to participate also. But.... I just can't seem  know how to show my  pictures. This is what happened to the Lapyrinth challenge no one saw my bear.  bear_sad But I will be reading and checking on the different bear clown. :hug: I am sure they will all turn out beautiful and funny.

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Gail  bear_flower your Teddy Clowns are adorable ! I bear_wub them all and the little one Wow ! He is tiny bear_thumb  You sure work fast. :hug:

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Hi everybody,

Well I haven't started my clown bear yet but I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do for him.  bear_grin  I have him pictured in my mind and have gathered together a small stash of the basics. I cannot wait to get started. Hopefully in about a weeks time, just as the kids break up from school.... arrrrgh!.

clownmaterials.jpg

Best regards

Lisa

Kent
Website

I just found Rufus Tattermoon ... what a gorgeous bear! I love his outfit and his saggy huggability!  Great work. bear_thumb

Lisa, your stash looks fun!  I'm sure you'll come up with a very smart clown!

I've just started work on my challenge clown ... well, my first challenge clown!  I may do more than one because they are so much fun to make!  I'll take some pics of where I've got to and post later ...

Milford Ohio

Lisa, I think those fabrics will make a great clown!

I wanted to do a panda clown (I like pandas, if you can't tell by my avitar bear!) I have another idea for a black and white themed clown (a panda too of course) but this one is an a lovely tipped fur with cream. I have chosen a brocade that is burgundy/ brown depending on how the light his it. I haven't decided exactly how to embellish him... but here is the bear (in parts) and fabric.
IMG_4561.JPG

Paula what a fun idea to post pictures as we progress.

Kent
Website

I'm in love already Tami ... those colours are delicious and your panda bear is soooooooo beautiful! 

This is a pic of my work so far ... the body colours are quite snazzy as you see, but I've kept the head and paws more traditional and am using a completely different pile type for those. 

I decided to work on a pyjama style bear for a change, so am not sure yet whether the pattern I've made for the body will work or not!  The canary yellow is a piece of Schulte my sister gave me recently and the mauvey pink is a scrap I had in my workbox, leftover from a much bigger bear.  I'm going to make his (her?) head next and then see where I go from there.  I've started this challenge with a straightforwardish 15" bear (my smallest these days) and may indulge myself in a bigger, more elaborate bear later.  :dance:

clownchallenge1.jpg

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

OH WOW!! Tami, your panda bear is already just too scrummy for words and Paula, I love the colours on your 'soon-to-be' bear.

It's so great to be able to see the bears at different stages of their creation. bear_thumb

Best regards

Lisa

Weymouth
Website

im loving the pictures !
woohoooo

i just worked on something but i cant take pics till tomorrow now cozz tiz dark here !
cat xxxx

Weymouth
Website

796548783_0d895976c8_m.jpgstill cant get a good pic today - so rainy - yuck
but here is a lil badger who i thoguht might make a good clownish beast, he was born last night - at least, i think its a boy ...

hubby wants to call it brock ... dont know if thats cute enough !

its made in super duper soft fur
and i didnt use a pattern i just started shopping into some samples ...
his back fur is some i bought in the US and has lovely white ticking in it ...

cat xxxx

Kent
Website

Ooh, a badger clown, now that sounds lovely!  What a cute idea ... will look forward to seeing him again when he's ready to clown around!!  bear_thumb

Milford Ohio

Paula. those colors are lovely! Mine's a smaller than usual guy this time too.

Cat,
I love badgers! He will make a great clown. He has already painted his face!

Board footer