Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

bear_shocked I can't believe he ended without a bid Cat, he was genius!  Maybe you'd be better off on Etsy or something... I really liked him!

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

always a possibilty chloe, thanks xxxx

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
RaggyRat wrote:

tami - mines already posted, page 3 or 4 i think ... !

cat xxx

OOPS!  :redface:

I meant Chloe and Ellen I can't wait to see your bears! :redface:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I think the body shape of your Puddles are too cute to cover completely. :)

Thankyou Tami. That is a lovely compliment. I spent quite some time trying to perfect their shape.  I really chuffed that all that work has actually been noticed.  You have made my day. Thankyou :redface:  :hug:

I love the fact that your puddle is black by the way, I had been thinking to make a black bear as well, but since that now is no longer original, I will think of something else :P

Oh Ellen, I'm so sorry.  I always end up thinking like you. Even though I know that what ever we do is alway original no matter that we may use the same colour and or fabric. I had planned to do an orange one at first bear_grin but that was already done bear_grin
Thankyou Ellen for your lovely compliment.
       I made Gordie in stages. First I chose the mohair and made him up. Then I chose the felting fibre that would look complimentary. Then I went to the quilting store and chose the fabric piece. The embellishments on his costume came about after the pieces were sewn.  Now I am learning that we all seem to work in a similar fashion.  bear_thumb
Kathy SPLASH is WONDERFUL what a poor wee cutie. and soooo tiny!!! I love your photos. He has come up a treat in them. :dance:  :dance:
Ellen I love Eli's outfit. The colourings and materials are exquisite.  :dance:
I checked out the gallery and all the bears and friends look wonderful all grouped together!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I'm going to make another.............hehehe

Weymouth
Website

oh dear - ellen is making three and wendy is making another ...
if ya can'tt beat em ..... how about you tami ?
are you secretly working on another stunner?

can t we see yours yet chloe, can we , can we ?

i was drawing kittens yesterday - as an antidode to big fish ...
see my blog ... its not a bear its a huge tompot blenny im fighting with
mind you - im also chossing the next fabric as i go along
im sure the disicpline will inform my work, as they say !

happy clowning
im off for another fun peek at the gallery
cat xxxx

Milford Ohio

Cat, I was checking out your blog last night. I love the fish! Here's an idea for you...How about making a clown fish?

Weymouth
Website

hur hur, too corny !!!!

darn fish
im making its lips today ... and maybe its top not''  trees, and cheeks, if i have time
cat xxx

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Kathy, wonderful clown bear! Ahh, for some reason Smokey Robinson's song 'The Tears of a Clown' has just popped into my head. bear_happy

Cat, ooooh, your fishie is awesome!! Is he/she a special order for somebody?

Regards

Lisa

P.S. I started work on my clown bear today, yay!

WA

Here's an idea for you...How about making a clown fish?

excellent idea Tami. Whatabout Cat?

I started work on my clown bear today, yay!

about time. heheheheh we are waiting impatiently :dance:

Weymouth
Website

clown fish is a fun idea -
but after grappling with this blenny every day im going to need a fish break ....

ooh lisa - cant wait - bring on another clown !
oh, and yes the blenny is part of the big order for portland (dorset) sea fest during marine week next month ... anyone want a leaflet ?

cat xxx

Weymouth
Website
matilda wrote:

Here's an idea for you...How about making a clown fish?

excellent idea Tami. Whatabout Cat?

I started work on my clown bear today, yay!

about time. heheheheh we are waiting impatiently :dance:

right tami and wendy - i have picked up your thrown gauntlets!
pop to my blog right now ....  :crackup:
you can tell me wheather i should shove it in the gallery here or not ...
oh and pop to bid4bears - my blog links to me - and read the blurb there too !

bear_grin
cat xxxx

Milford Ohio

Yes, Cat post it!! I for one enjoy seeing how versile and creative Teddy Talkers are! I love seeing the way you design your patterns on your blog. The clown fish is very pretty!

Weymouth
Website

941634429_2c94909d2f.jpgthanks tami, i ithnk part of me prefers the drawing sometimes than the finnished
thing - in exhibitions of art i always look at the sketches were you can see freshness and ideas ... i supose we show a lot of finnished items here in TT and on our websites ... blogs are good for sharing workings and indeas

thanks !
i will post fishy then :-)

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Love the clowns hat have been posted even the clownfish!

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

A little help here I can't get my picture on the Gallery??? It just keeps saying I haven't chosen a picture to download, when I try, and yes I have selected the picture to download.
I even tried turning off my norton to see if that was blocking my download.
Help>?!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

After a lovely relaxing week spent rambling over cliffs in Devon, I'm back!  Couldn't resist checking in here to see what's been going on while I've been away and am delighted to catch up with all the progress ... Wendy, your puddle clown is brilliant!  What a character!  Love it!  Cat, I would never have thought of a clown fish in a zilliion years, so thanks for including your's for us to share, what a great idea!

Kathy, sorry to hear you are having trouble uploading your pic to the gallery ... have you saved it as a jpeg file?  I can only guess you may have saved it as a different format.  If you continue to have problems, it might be an idea to post a request for help in the 'technical advice' section, where I'm sure you'll soon get the help you need ... after all, we need little Splash in our gallery!  He's too cute to leave out!!

I have a couple of orders to work on this week, but I happen to have a lovely box of mohair flying over the Atlantic as we speak and will catch up with it in a few days ... there should be some gorgeous bits of yumminness included in the box ready for my next clown.  I'm really looking forward to working on him and am aiming to take him to the Hugglets show in London on the 3rd (2nd?  Must check that!) September.  This one will be a bigger bear, probably around the 23" mark ...  can't wait to get started!!! :dance:

Weymouth
Website

paula - are you havcing a stall at hugglets?
im coming on foot - ive started a thread to find out who else is
cat xxxx

Kent
Website

Sorry Cat, I nipped off on my hols and somehow missed your question when I got back!  Yep, I'm having a stand in Hall 2 and am now in a panic because I haven't started work on my show bears yet!  Eeeeks!!  I'm planning to take one or two clowns with me because they are such fun to make, so I'll be working on this challenge and the show all at once!  :crackup:

WA

Wonderful clown fish Cat! sorry it took me so long to see him.  bear_thumb

Weymouth
Website

ooh i didnt realise you hadnt wendy - so busy making odd critters
sigh
and i dont meam chopped up mice either !
cat xxxx bear_innocent

WA

You fed the mice to your fish didnt you? bear_grin  bear_grin

Weymouth
Website

oops - i jusy might have left them too near the open mouth ...
i should pop that blenny on here
everyone likes him tthe best

howya wendy ?? XXXXX

Kent
Website

Thought I'd pop in to see how the clown challenges were coming along ... anyone got anything new to report yet?

Weymouth
Website

i am a bit busy with a lobster i am afraid ....

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Oh rats!
I have only just noticed this challenge, the girls planned a secret 20th anniversary party for us in July. Then we had a week in the Cumbrian Lake District then a week of washing and last week a week in Wales. So I have missed out on about four weeks of teddy talk!
I am now back home and ready for bear making.
I love clown bears, it may take me a while but I would love a go at making a different clown bear.
Hugs Kerren

Board footer