Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Wish I could find a decent hair dresser!!!! I had one  but he got fired for giving special discounts to some of his clients.  I went to two girls at different places after he got fired (I cant find him and the salon wont tell me where he went) and they did HORRIBLE jobs!  i hate when you tell a stylist to do one thing and the go off in their own world and do whatever they want ARRRGH!!!   AH WELL, I guess I was meant to have long hair... There arent many stylists that can do short hair in my area!

Shelli - hope you are better...

I did a lot today.... I finished a bear, fixed a head on a bear, listed four bears on ebay, made a blankee for my newest baby bear, made some tirimisu  bear_wub

LMAO OH MY, i have to share, my male pom is growling at one of my bears that is sitting on the floor LOL his hair is standing up on his back!  I guess he isnt a bear fan like his mom is!

YOu guys should hear him LMAO I can almost not type because I am laughing so hard!   bear_grin

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

It's ridiculous when salons won't tell customers where hairdressers have gone when they leave....do they think the client will just stay at the salon...???

I just tell people where they've gone...in fact, I give the client the number...I've even phoned the other salon for the client to get an appointment.

Everyone has a right to go where they want and spend their money with who they want...if they want to spend it with me fine...if not ...fine.

Salons that do that must be desparate for business...otherwise they'd be too busy to bother...

Anyway, the chances are if I am open and honest about the situation the clients stay put anyway.

If you're ever in Coventry...I know a good salon!!!!

Jenny

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
jenny wrote:

...I really feel like I need a stiff drink...but since the cause of my having to dismiss someone today was that they turned up at work rolling drunk...

Jenny sent this drunken broad overhere. We could do with a drunken-hairdresser. It would probably be an improvement to the last hair do I suffered.

I now suffer' hairdresser phobia' bear_sad bear_grin bear_grin

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hello!

Oh Jenny, Shelli & Amanda... I'm SO very sorry!!!  Wish I could make it all better for you...  :hug:
Aw Melissa... how aggrevating!  Hope your computer problems get solved soon... only 1 week old??!!!

Deb you crack me up LOL!  Hope you had a nice Saturday...How'd the photo shoot go?  Shantell you are too funny bear_original

Matilda I absolutley love your parrots! 

Well, It's Sunday now for me bear_original  Yesterday was spent cleaning house and doing laundry.  Beginning of today grocery shopping.  Mundane... but like to keep everything nice bear_original 

Now I'm reading a few posts while watching the race (oh man Jimmy... big oooppps there!  If you are watching the race... you know what I'm talking about  :redface: ) 

Then I'm raring to get to bear making!!!

Hubby has started collecting and customizing 1/50th scale diecast cranes (construction equipment).  He finally convinced me to "give him" one of the book cases to display some of his favorites (which displaced 1/2 of my teddy bears)  In return, he's making me a few display shelves for me to go above our sidetable.

I figure that he needs to enjoy looking at some stuff too .... only took him 6 months to get me to think that way  :lol:

So those shoud be ready tomorrow and I'll bring some more of my bears out!

Deb Upstate New York

LL ~

Poor Jimmie, poor Jimmie.  Hopefully won't get beaten badly post race.  bear_ermm  Just don't touch the face!

Nicholasville, KY
Website

LOL Deb!  Sending ya an email with a 24 picture....  bear_wub

Deb Upstate New York

Got it; I am forever in your debt!   :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I don't even know what I'm doing in the next 5 minutes let alone the whole day...
Shantell...DITTO !!!

Jenny sorry to hear of your crisis.  I, too, hate ugly confrontation.  Sometimes , though, it can be hard to avoid.

My daughter had her first Homecoming Dance last night Sat.  We got up at 6 am so she could go get her hair done on the far side of Green Bay. My hubby and I went Ballroom Dancing Friday night :dance: fun fun fun.

This morning I woke up with conjunctivitis (pink eye) in both eyes.  Haven't a clue where I got it from!

Lately I have been on a bear-a-thon.  I have jsut designed some new bears and have been eagerly sewing to see how they will come out.  So far so good. :teddybear:

OH, and I just bought Adobe Photo.  I currently use Camedia Master , PhotoFilter, and Microsoft Picture it.  Camedia pooped out on me.  It closes down when I am in the middle of working with my photos.  Got sick of it and went out to buy something new.  Now I have to learn a new program :redface: :redface: :redface:

BIG HUGS :hug: to all who needs one.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

It's now Sunday evening...and I still don't know what I'm doing in the next 5 minutes...I've accomplished absolutely nothing this weekend...not one single thing.  Good intentions got me no where.

Oh...and I've had the same hairdresser for 18 years...I don't get a say anymore.  She says "so, what are WE doing this time"...and I say..."I don't know...what are YOU doing to me."  I love her...won't let anyone else touch my hair.  I did ONCE and then had to beg her to fix it later...she laughed at me...and did it for free.   :redface:

Shantell

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Deb and everyone  :rose:

I had very busy Saturday as usual..I think I am doing bear-a-thon as Judi and everyone else too !

Shelli...sorry for what you going thru now. it must
be tough thing... I hope the problem will go away soon and I'm thinking of you . :hug:

Jenny...How terrible about your bad saturday
morning.   bear_sad I hope you feel better now....

Judi.... How cute that your daughter had
first Homecoming Dance !  :dance: I hope
you are not hurting your hands(instead of legs..)of
doing Bear-a-thon.   :doh:

Hugs/Marie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: :hug: I hope you all have a better week after those bummer weekends!  :hug: :hug:

I spent Thurs-Sun in Fredericton, New Brunswick, which is a lovely town full of friendly people and hills and more trees than I've seen in a long time.  Today it's back to reality . . .  :/

Eileen

WA

parrotonchair1web.jpghEATHER THE GREEN PARROTS ,(WHICH THEY CALL 28s) are wild birds. They get a wild bird feed mix twice aday. There are six that visit my garden. Some  times all at once.My little garden feels like an airport at times. bear_grin The older male birds give a special call , which I interpret to mean " get our tucker ready now misses" I pop feed into their dish and give an answering whistle. Then they come down and boss the doves around. The feed is rationed so they dont come to depend too much on me. I have an elderly neighbour(90yrs) who just loves to see the birds come into his garden. Its rather romantic to watch the male parrots feed their wives. They're so cute :hug: I did have better photos ,but I accidently deleted from the camera. I made sure it didnt happen this time.    Matilda :dance:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wait.  Lemme get this straight.

Parrots, which, if sold here in the US, would cost, like, $500 each, live wild and free where you are?  And they are smart enough to come round your house and call for their supper, which they have trained you to provide for them?  And then, after you parcel out their rations for the day, they swoop in and feed themselves and their wives?

Man.  I am living on the wrong side of the world.  What a glorious, unimaginable sight that must be.  I wonder if people who live around that all their lives take advantage of it, not realizing how terrifically cool it is to have wild parrots in the trees.

I wonder what I take advantage of, that someone in Australia (or anywhere, for that matter) would chew their left arm off, to see.... ?

Always something interesting here.

Nitey-nite!

WA

People dont see beauty when its is slap bang infront of them!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, what I have said is for real. My friends call me the bird whisperer!!!!!   bear_cool

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap: Matilda,

You're very wise to limit the feed!

My Dad used to put birdseed under a huge willow tree every winter. By the time my mother made him stop, he had several hundred shrieking sparrows waiting for him every morning!

Eileen

WA

My budgie actually talks to me. He understands yes and no. He asks for his yumyum's, which is brocolli. He knows where it is kept. He tells me when he has pooped. (unable to toilet train him though). He will land on my shoulder give me a kiss on the cheek, tells me he loves me, and then troofs off. (I thought I was special until I saw him kiss the teddy and tell him he was a precious treasure) :lol:
He understands many comands, he's quite intelligent. The idea , if you wish to get the most out of a pet is respect and freedom. Take advantage of their natural abilities and pecidillos.(sp?) Animals are amazing if allowed to be who they truely are. bear_innocent

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap: Well said, Matilda!!  :clap:

Eileen

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Oh Matilda ... just loved hearing about your budgie!  Reminded me about my cockateil.  When he was my  only pet he rode my shoulder all the time.  At dinner time he sat on the couch back watching us eat.  If he saw any type of pasta on our plates... he'd squak and dance till we gave him some.

Then we got our whippets.... which were bred to stalk and hunt.  My cockateil (for his own safety) had to stay in his cage much more.... and it wasn't fair to him  bear_sad  so I gave him to one of my girlfriends.  She knew him since I got him at 7 weeks old and loved him too.  He's just loving it with her ~ and I still get to visit  bear_happy

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Matilda, you are sooooo lucky!!! That's one of the reasons I always thought I would like living in Australia. All the animals. Although, more bugs too. It's a toss up!!!!
I've always wanted a parrot, but after seeing them in the wild, I could never keep one in my house, or cage. Just me though.
Thanks for sharing though, We get birds in our yard, but just boring ones. Eileen siad they were sparrows?? I think those are the ones

Heather

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Heather,

My Dad's horde of sparrows were in Chicago, but here in Toronto we have lots of them. They're just about the only bird (besides pigeons) that spends the whole winter with us.

In spring and fall, however, we enjoy seeing all the lovely birds on their way somewhere else!

Eileen

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That funny Eileen. Watching the birds fly somewhere else. I remember a few years back I was in california over xmas and we went to a park and saw canadian geese. I was soo excited. Neat to see where they go, but also neat that they come back as well.
Not too many intersting birds here in the city either. But yes, those sparrows, always tonnes of them, once word of food gets out!!
Heather

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I absolutely love geese...they remind me of my grandfather.  When he passed away...wow 21 years ago...we had his ashes spread at a local park that was known for its geese population.  Whenever I hear them fly over...I always get a bit teary-eyed.  I was a grandpa's girl!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh That's a great story, Shantell!

We have lots of Canada geese, so many that the local park supervisor had their eggs oiled (nasty lady) to discourage them from nesting. We live less than a block from a 400 acre park, which is what keeps me sane.  When I croak, I want my ashes spread along my favorite path. And tromped in, so they don't blow away!!

In the summer, the park ponds and streams are full of herons and egrets, and the woods are full of raccoons, possums, chipmunks, skunks, squirrels. Actually, the streets are full of raccoons too. Would you believe . . . every time the city changes garbage day, it takes the raccoons exactly one week to catch on? They like to sit outside our windows and watch us--drives the dogs and Hubs crazy. I think we're "The Baird Show".

We used to have foxes, but the coyotes seem to have picked them off.

My favorite of all--in the very late winter/early spring, when the human population has just about given up the will to live, the black-capped chicadees come through in great numbers. They're very tame, and cute beyond cute!

Speaking of needle felting, for years I kept finding piles of pale fur in the park. I assumed it was the remains of some poor beast that got eaten, though there was never any blood or yucky bits. This year  :doh: it dawned on me that these piles of fur are nest linings! Probably raccoon down. Of course, now that I've decided to collect them, I don't see nearly so many.

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oooooh . . . great subject, birds!!  Living in a moderate climate, I have TONS of different birds in my back woods.  We have a native group that lives here all year long, then a summer flock and a different winter flock!  Just wonderful for backyard birding.  I have a list that I've kept for 12 years . . . no wild parrots yet, though!  :(
At the end of our street is a big pond or small lake (never know what to call it) that gets its share of Canada geese all through the year.  LOVE those guys!  bear_thumb

WA

WOW! to all your stories. I was having coffee with friends at the shopping centre this morningand our topic was also birds in our back yard. One of my friends has the kookaburras come for a feed of dog sausage.(not sausage made of dog) She was telling us of the antics of a one legged seagull that refuses to eat anything but the sausage. She has a brick pool fence and they all line up and wait for breakfast and then again for dinner. bear_grin She's such a brilliantly eccentric person, I  :love:her.
At 6.30am there were six'28's' in the back yard. What a noise , I'm ssshhhhing them. worried they would wake the neighbours. bear_grin and my budgie 'elliott' is on my shoulder saying " naughty birdies, you go your caaagggeee , ya little buggas" :lol:its hysterical at my house.

PS: I got my hair cut and coloured yesterday!! no pic's but its ginger. The girl did a great job, since she was fixing so much damage. bear_thumb

Pages:

Board footer