Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

am_bears AM BEARS
Derbyshire

100_0407.JPG100_0405.JPG100_0408.JPGMog.JPG100_0301.JPG100_0299.JPGThis was warlock, a moment of madness informed me it was a good idea to make a black cat, a wholly black cat.  I made the cat, spent hours scissor sculpting the rotten thing and then adding tiny ultra suede teeth.  For the record, I loathed this cat, but Kevin told me the cat was ok, leave the cat alone, someone would love it.  I saw no market for road kill.  This is as he was, full frontal mass of darkness, and from the side where you can probably see he has a cat's nose after all!

Anyway, I was sick of putting the cat on my stand, I wasn't happy with him, I never for a moment thought he was going to sell.  I came home from visiting a bear fair and went through my bears, kicking out the ones that I thought didn't hit the grade, and donating them to whoever wanted a free bear.  This thing though Kevin insisted had to stay. 
I couldn't face putting this sub-standard creature out, didn't want to look at him anymore, threw a tantrum and got out my felting stuff, that I have never used. 

Hours later, stress relieved by stabbing the rotten thing in the head,  I now have Mog.  The question is, this being my first ever needle sculpted thing...did I improve it or just wreck it further?

Andrea

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Looking good to me, know what you mean about black fur, yuck
Second bear I made was black
bear_thumb  :clap:  :hug:

Wow you were adding as I was posting, great new face he looks fab bear_wub

mjbears mjbears
northants

andrea you have had me in stitches reading your subject poor kitty lol but improvement defo  just adorable i love the face and the needle sculpting has bought this cat more alive ... i loath making anything from black the last black cat i made i cut it to bits lol re used the nose the eyes the lot lol  i just cant do black lol

am_bears AM BEARS
Derbyshire

Thanks Sue bear_original

Melissa, I know what you mean, black bears are soooo difficult and awful to photograph.  I have one lady who keeps asking me for black bears as well and talk about eyestrain when you are trying to sew them!!! eeekkk

Apologies, to the others here.  I feel a bit of a git at the moment, I've just read about Marilyn's bad news and her loss and I feel awful about the title of this entry now.  I'm really sorry if I've offended or upset her, I'm not really that much of an insensitive ass, I just hadn't visited Bearhugs at that point. :doh:

Andrea

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

I am sure she realised, my foot can be just as big as well bear_wub A few of tt'rs don't read bearhugs it can be very upsetting :hug:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Andrea,

No, please don't worry!  I am neither offended nor upset as I know your title had nothing to do with my problems!!!!!

Going onto happier things  ...  yes, black mohair can be a pain to work with and equally difficult to photograph!  But what a transformation by doing the needlefelting, something I would like to have a go at sometime.  Do you just needlefelt over the top of the muzzle or do you have to cut the muzzle off and attach a needlefelted muzzle to the head? (if you see what I mean!)  I have never seen it done so I don't know I'm afraid!

Hugs

Marilyn

Board footer