Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Cool Beans!

So what is the plural of platypus....patypuses or platypi???? :/

Amy

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh Matilda,  you lucky thing!! I Love seeing them!!!!!! I've only seen them in enclosures, and once I was lucky to see one in the wild!  Amazing animals!

When English settlers found them, they thought they were a hoax!!! LOL  An animal with a bill and fur, on one creature! LOL

What have you done with it now?
Danni

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I thing it is a dolphin cant explain how it got there.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Wow, how cool no matter what it is...what is it for sure...I get the excitement of skunks, racoons, bobcats and cows...

I need to move somewhere more exciting!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Looks like a beaver and a duck and an aligator got together   bear_laugh

That's your basic platypus!

Eileen

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hum, surprising...
Coudn't be the Loch Ness monster??? Mmmmm, probably to small! not sure he would have travelled so far...  :lol:
Doesn't look like a dragon too...
Maybe you are right, maybe this is a Platypus...  bear_rolleyes The question is: what's he doing there? did do have opportunity to check if he was wearing a spy microphone on his tummy? Maybe he was spying you, Matilda!
Or, maybe he has escaped from a zoo and wanted to explore the big outside world. :cool:
Oh, dear, so much mystery!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sorry folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did'nt think it would quite get this reaction. I'm very very naughty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a platypus, it is in my back yard. BUT!!!! it's not real. SORRY.   They are indeed very rare and nocturnal I believe.  I'm not even sure we have them in Western Australia. South Aust and the Eastern states yes.
They are so rare these days because they need a lot of territory to roam. (the length of streams)

Not a bad photo though aye? I will do penance if need be. :redface:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Yes indeed, you really are noughty!
but at least, we've had a good laugh!!!  :lol:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Pipa UK

it's not real? LOL Matilda!!!! hehehe

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto
WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Matilda!!!!! Well, we all did learn quite a bit about the illusive platypus.. so that's for sparking a good conversation that resulted in some great cross-cultural exchange of knowledge!!!! That's one of the things I really love about TT.  Did you photo shop the dear little thing into your back yard?

Beary truly yours,
KIm Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin :lol:Well, it has been educational !  Matilda, if it is not real...did you make it?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  :doh:  :doh: It surely sparked some conversation, Matilda!!  You're quite the practical joker, you!!   bear_wub

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ppppf LOL  You had us all going there!!

Danni

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I was worried I had maybe gone a wee bit too far when I saw the reaction the pic got. I'm so please Your not all cross with me.  bear_wacko
I was practicing shooting in the garden,pics that is, not wildlife. bear_grin and then edited them in my kodak software. And this pic was one of the results. One of my neighbours saw it and thought it was real, not realising it was taken in the garden, so this led to............
I promise to do it again, honest. bear_wacko

Densteds Densteds
Website

Matilda...you're a sick woman, you have to be punished!! I'm coming over to confiscate all your tim tams,
you sure had us all going, I was giving a natural history lecture on the breeding habits of Australian native animals and poor Fran thought you had Flipper in your backyard pond !!!

:hug:
Denise.

Pipa UK
matilda wrote:

I promise to do it again, honest. :wacko:

Matilda !! Lol !  bear_grin

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Matilda, you are a stinker.

Judi Luxembears