Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Amanda wrote:

You are right Heather. Its to do with most of the USA users going on the artist OOAK section and your bear only shows up in 'the other' section, when you have listed it from other than the USA. At this stage I am happy to pay double listing fees for the extra coverage where it matters. Its still hit and miss, though.

I always noticed the OOAK - Other category and never clicked on it... maybe I'll give it another look.....

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Sometimes my bears sell like hotcakes on Ebay and sometimes not at all. I don't have aclue as to what the difference is?? Except that I have had alot of buyers from Florida. and so lately I think what with everything going on down there they are not as busy with Ebay and such right now.
Of the last four bears on Ebay the first two sold right away, the last two which were equally as cute no bids at all and relisted several times to no avail.??? So go figure. bear_sad :/
Anyway I looked at your bears Clare and they look great to me!!!!! :thumbsup:
I have tried the featured item just twice, it really does cost a pretty penny if your bears only sell for $30.00 to $60.00 but I thought it was worth a try too.
:pray:
Good Luck, Clare
Kathy

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Jeeminey Christmas...Crimminy !.... people are really out of line asking you that Clare bear_wacko  ....Winney

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Amanda wrote:

To list on both the UK and US site at the same time you'll need to place the listing on the US site. Then choose the categories 'bears>artist>artist, one of a kind' and 'bears>artist>other'. The first category brings your bear up in the US listings, whereas the 'other' category means your bear will be seen in the UK listings.

Oh thank you Amanda!  I had no idea about the "other" catagory being the only one which shows up in UK listings!  Is that what you meant... that if US sellers only list in Artist, one of a kind that they will not be seen by UK bidders?  Thank you!!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I don't know if you have seen our web site but my sister makes beautiful cloth mermaids and she spends hours on one .We were at a doll show sitting waiting you know to sell something ,and this lady walk by us and said (looking at the mermaids) i good run that up in know time at all, boy people like that make you feel down as you love the things you make and when they sell you get a buzz and you cant wait to make more, A lady said to me nice dress on that teddy but i hate that teddy .

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh Fran, people are soo mean. I think it makes them feel better to put you down.

Kathy, when I sold my art on ebay ( havent for a while ) MOST of my buyer ended up being in Floria. Maybe there, they have a good appreciation for art?? Interesting though

Heather

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Heather,
good morning! I just thought it odd that all of a sudden my bears stopped selling. But then I got to thinking that the last several bears I sold went to Florida. Maybe your right better appreciation. Or maybe they just like minis more there  :lol:.
Love, kathy

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hi Clare
I like to list my bears so that the next auction will begin before the end of the first auction....that way there is another bear to look at in the view sellers other items section, sometimes if someone wins a bear, they will look for another...you could also put into your auction, 'please check out my upcoming auctions'...something like that...
Good luck  :rose:
Sarah

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Kathy, my sister lives in Florida, and that's where they USED to have the teddy bear museum. So I guess they do aprreciate teddies. Problem was, my sister, not knowing what to expect, took her kids there. She was very dissapointed that the kids couldn't play with the bears. Imagine all those poor bears if they could!!!!!!!

So it ended up shutting down, I just wish more people were educated on 'artist' bears.

Hopefully, it's just not a sign of the times.

And funny, now that you mention it, all the stuff of mine that went to Florida were mini. Interesting.

Oh yeah, good morning to you to!!!!

Heather

Board footer