Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Well today the sweetest little bear arrived in a little box all the way from the UK.
Laurie (who creates Laurie Lou Bears) was kind enough to make this beautiful bear for me, and she is just so precious.
I'm unable to take a picture of her now, because it is pitch black night! but if Laurie doesn't have a shot of her I will take one this weekend and zip it in here.
Thank you so much Laurie  :hug: she looks so at home on my desk and I'm sure she'll keep me in good company on many a late night at the laptop!
Thanks to you too Peta for organising the swap , I know the amount of work that goes into them- you've done an awesome job!
Can't wait till the next one!

Mel

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

cromwell1.JPGcromwell.JPGI am glad that you love your little swap bear Melissa bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
I can't wait to receive my bear :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
I have posted a couple of piccies of Cromwell which is the bear I sent to Melissa as she is busy with shows at the moment.
Laurie :hug:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

IMG_0593_1.JPGHi everyone I can finally show you the bear that I have sent to Sheryl Morrow, she finally arrived today after taking nearly 2 weeks to get there. This is Fidget Elfwand.

I hope you like her

And can I say again what a really wonderful experience this has been especially as both Sheryl and I have not owned an artist bear previously, so well done Peta magnificent job

smdogs gone to the dogs/sm dog designs
Kansas City Missouri
Website

Hi all,

As a follow to Sue's post----

My sweet little lady arrived today from Sue and I am most delighted to say that she is adorable, wonderful and soooooo cute. I am so very pleased. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  Sue did a wonderful job and I can not say enough about this little bear and Sue. bear_wub

Sue is right what a great start to a collection of Artist Bears.

Thanks again Peta for organizing the swap. It has been a joy for me and I can not wait for the next one.

Thanks again Sue I will chairish little Fidget Elfwand forever. bear_wub

All of the Bears are wonderful. Great work guys!!! :clap:

Sheryl

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Yes roll on the next, I just hope I get as good a swop partner as Sheryl next time:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

Hi :)

This is my latest bear 'Peachy' and also my swap for Laurie Brady.  She has not seen him yet and I advised her to stay away from this post if she wants to be surprised by seeing him in the mail.   bear_tongue  I'm bad for teasing her like that.  Anyways, he was tons of fun to make and I hope she likes him. 

I can't wait to see what she has come up with for me. :)Peachy_014.JPG
:dance:  :dance:

~Robert

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

My swap arrived today. I have not edited his picture, as this is where he will be residing in the future, on the couch.(His mum can post the studio shoot)

My swap partner was Krista from K Pawz Creations. "Izzy" traveled all the way from Canada to South Africa, and arrived safe and soundly.

He will be proudly shown to others, and like them, I am sure they will be amazed that "Izzy" has been created by hand.

thank you Krista and Peta,  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Lynette

IMG_0776_Desktop_Resolution.JPG

K Pawz Guest

I am so glad he arrived safely Lynette!!! He looks right at home! Unfortunatley my computer crashed on me before I could save his pictures to my external hard drive, so I don't have any of his studio shoot, but I think this picture of him in his new home is perfect!!

Hugs,
Krista

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

My adorable swap bear arrived from Janice Mc Leod of Jigpaws.  "Pete" came all the way to California from Edinburgh, Scotland.  He is just the cutest little guy and I absolutely adore him.  The bear I made is on her way to Janice.  I hope she doesn't take too long to get there.

Here's Pete:
a2_Medium.jpg

a1_Medium.jpg

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

i would love to do a swap aswell and i  am sad i missed it. i have never done anything like this before how does it work? and when is the next one?  muffin is so good and lifelike and i loved the rabbits. well done everyone susi xx

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Well now that I know for sure that he has arrived (albeit via a customs unit), I can show you Little Jimmy (after our favourite explorer down here Cpt James Cook!) who was created just for Laurie in the UK with his little leather backpack  bear_original
little_jimmy.jpg

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Thank you for posting a piccie of little Jimmy for me Melissa.I had his photo on the camera and was waiting for hubby to put it on the computer as I don't know how to load the photos up bear_ermm
Jimmy is such a cute little bear -I LOVE HIM bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
He is beautifully made and I just think he is sooo sweet.
Luckily we sorted out the customs problems-he had taken 2 weeks to arrive so we know where he had got held up bear_whistle
Thank you for swapping with me Melissa-it has been great fun bear_flower
Laurie :hug:

K Pawz Guest

I am over the moon!!! I just recieved wonderful Melissa from Lynette Kennedy of Fred-I-Bears! she is to die for and I love her to bits!!! Thank you so much Lynette!
I haven't gotten photos of her yet, but hopefully Lynette can pop one of her on for you to see this beauty.

hugs,
Krista

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

here she is, the swap bear that went to live in Canada with Krista. Good to hear that she made the long trip from South Africa to Canada.

Once again a big thank you to Krista for her lovely seal and to Peta for arranging the partners.

Melissa_Desktop_Resolution.jpg

Laurie Brady Bears By Laurie Brady

Oh, my!!  I recieved Peachy today, from Robert Forman of  Bear Hearts.  I can't wipe the smile off my face.  My husband came home from work and he took one look at me and smiled - he knew something had made my day!
Peachy is fabulas - and what workmanship!.

A big thank you to Robert - Ican only hope he enjoys his new bear as much.

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

My gorgeous Celeste from Patty of Swan Valley Bears has finally arrived at her new home............isn't she gorgeous  bear_wub

I tried to take piccies of her today but unfortunately my camera decided to play up so this photo was taken by Patty before she sent her to me.

Hugs
Janice

P1050154_Medium.JPG

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

cocoa-007.JPGHere is Cocoa from Laurie Brady.  She arrived in the mail a couple of days ago.   :dance: 
I absolutely love the look of this bear.  She has such a sweet adorable face.  I will have her to cherish forever!

Big Teddy Hugs to Laurie!

bear_wub
~Robert

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

all the bears are looking wonderful. I would have been proud to have received any and all of them. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Are all the swaps in now Peta?

clare14 Country Bears
England

My swap bear left me two weeks ago, I hope it's got there or at least getting there!!   bear_shocked  bear_sad   I posted it without taking a pic too, so I hope it turns up......   bear_rolleyes   Trust me - doh!!!   :crackup:

Has anyone heard from Peta?  Is she ok?

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

My bear from my wonderfully patient swap partner Carolynn arrived yesterday. She sent me the most adorable fairy bear that is settling nicely in my hug.

My camera battery has died so I can't take a new picture but here is one that Carolynn sent me today, I'm sure she won't mind that I used her picture.

Lilli.jpg

Carolynn's bear is winging its way to her and I hope she arrives in the next few days.

This has been a great swap. Thanks again Peta for organizing it.

Special thanks to Carolynn for being so patient and waiting for our swap to be completed when my work schedule got so hectic it prevented me from finishing her bear in time.

Hugs,

WA

Totally adorable. I'm so pleased the swap ended on sucyh a lovely high note. bear_thumb

Ginie-Lee Hug A Bye Bears

All the bears look wonderful, well done everyone! I'm sorry I missed out on participating bear_sad

Ginie-Lee

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Thanks Wendy, And a HUGE thank you to Gijzette. It was as a fun swap. And we discovered that our bears are very alike. A couple of funny things happened along the way. Pity it is over. I love my little Kalista, and specially because Gijzette was so busy. She arrived with a little house that is too cute, and some mohair. What a wonderful parcel. Without discussing what we were making at all.... here is what I got from Gijzette.....
kalista1.JPG

kalista2.JPG

WA

Hahaha One fairie pink, one fairie blue. haha And they are both really lovely. bear_thumb

Board footer