Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Joanne,
I never intended to make a statement with Maluki. I, especially, didn't want to make anyone cry! Whenever I create an animal I try to see the world through his/her eyes. Maluki is a healthy Polar Bear. I think like many Polar Bears he sees the changes and fondly remembers the past but he has found a way to survive. At least that's the way I envisioned him. I know many Polar Bears are in great peril.  And, yes, I was aware of Earth Day. I guess in the future I will have to be more careful about how I portray an animal. Usually I think about a piece I'm creating for quite a while then I'll wake up at about 3:00 am and I'll know what to do. I guess it's strange, but most of my creations come from my subconscious dreams  bear_whistle  Of course then comes the HArd work, trying to realize the idea and create the piece  :rolleyes:
Karen

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Please don't apologize for the way you portrayed Maluki, meaning to or not.  It was the perfect way to portray him in my eyes.  Always follow your subconscious dreams, they are to be trusted.  Everything you did with Maluki was just right.
Joanne

baerenkinder baerenkinder
Freiburg - Black Forest

you are so talented :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
a really wonderful bear - great !!!!!!! job !!!!! bear_thumb

Princess4Paws Princess4Paws Designs by Marge Wiese
Apopka, FL
Website

Karen, you did a wonderful job with this polar bear!  I love the expression, opened or closed!

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

FANTASTIC!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer