Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Absolute ditto of what what Shelli said... that's exactly what i was thinking... certainly you can still make one from time to time if the mood strikes and it makes your heart happy?

:hug:  :pray:

Kim

nettie scotland
Website

Thanks so much for all your kind words.I still have no plan but I am working on it.I live in a tiny village and have lots of animals.There is no work here and its only possible to stay here if I get a plan that enables me to stay home.Its 15 years since I lived in civilization with a normal job.I think the best option is to sell up and buy something smaller and ride it out .I will be making bears for a wee while yet .My brain is clearing and the frontal lobotomy has been cancelled ha ha!!I have had bouts of hysterical laughter the last couple of days so maybe I wil be taken away in a yellow van,problem solved!!!!
all your kind words have helped a lot
Hugs Dodo??,Dina???,Deirdre or is it Diane???

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Awww Diane....I'm so sad reading what you just wrote....I don't know what to say but to give you a virtual hug and hope you don't have to sell up bear_sad   :hug:  :hug:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Good on you, not lost your sense of humour. I hope things become a little clearer for you soon, until then go with the flow. Sending warm wishes, Amanda x  :hug:

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

a sad post indeed, you are one of my heros
i went to the highlands receltny and recorded a song ... a sad song ....

anyhoo
off to see if i can afford a wee scone

cat xxx

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Your bears have always been my among my favorites. I hope that you will just take a much needed break and come back to the bears. I had to do the same thing a few years ago.
bear_thumb
:hug:
Kathy

nettie scotland
Website

Thanks for the kind words everyone.I cant really take a break as they are still selling well just not well enough.Its a bit of a conundrum really.There are no jobs out here in the sticks and I would go nuts anyhoo.I cant seem to not be making something so I am going to try and diverify a bit and give it one more month.Meanime I am going to sell the house for sure as I have come to realise over the last few days that short of my family and pets wee scones are the most important thing in the world to me.I can biy another house in a couple of years but I dont think I can replace this as a job.Its an addiction in some ways.If I am away from it for a while in the near future it will only be so I can return to it full time again.
Hugs Diane xxx
p.s good luck to all of you.

scruffiebears Posts: 318
Website

I had a run of bad luck a few years ago when my husbands business had a lot of problems. I went from soley working on my bears and not having to completly rely on the bears to going out and getting a full time job that paid alot more. I was lucky because Im a hairdresser by trade and after a few refreshers I set up my own business as a mobile hairdresser. Within a few months Id built up my clients and was earning a decent wage. My bears were put on hold for a while but I had to go back to them as I love it so much.  I now make the bears on a smaller scale.
You just have to find whats right for you but your bears are wonderful and if you are still selling them you could continue part time.

Best Wishes
Susan

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I'm so glad to hear you arent giving up Bears. But I am sad about your financial position.  I dearly hope it all works out for you.  :hug: It cant have been an easy decision  to come to. To sell the home you worked so hard at aquiring. 
All the best Dianne :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

awww that is really too bad. I do hope you continue to sew bears for pleasure and stay in the Teddy Talk group.

John Paul Port Posts: 214

My Mom went to your website -----NO WEBSITE----it said ERROR 404----maybe just OUR computer. Anyway, Mom says "Don't give up".   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:    Hugs from all !!!!!

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

I hope it works out well for you Diane . Your creations have always been at the top of my favourites list  :clap:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I'm sorry Diane.  I always thought your bears were delightful.  Hopefully, it will get better for all of us soon.

nettie scotland
Website
John Paul Port wrote:

My Mom went to your website -----NO WEBSITE----it said ERROR 404----maybe just OUR computer. Anyway, Mom says "Don't give up".   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:    Hugs from all !!!!!

Sorry about that John,It died a wee while back.Thank you for your kind words.
I think I was perhaps expecting a bit much in this financial climate.I have many furry as well as human mouths to feed and with a daughter at university its maybe expecting a bit much for the wee scones.They have served me well for 15 years and I will never stop making them.
Thanks to all of you for such lovely messages.This is my tast ditch attempt month and so far so good.
Hugs Diane xxx

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Hey Diane,

I've not been active in a good while because of my degree but popping back on your post has really caught me. I always wanted to own one of your bears (the little pink one has my attention now!) because to me they are an embodiment of everything I can't do: gorgeous vintage bears! I'll be very sad if this is the end for your teds. Having just put myself through Uni I can safely say there is financial help out there for those who need it, so hopefully that worry can be at least lessened, if not actually removed.

I hope you get the break you feel you need, but come back soon!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I am so sorry Diane. I must admit I never have given up my hairdressing 'day job' because I have never really 'trusted' the bear making industry 100%.  The Wee Scones are amongst my favourite bears and so it will be a sad day if you stop making them.

nettie scotland
Website

Thanks so much girls.I am diversifying this month and giving it my best shot.Once I became a single parent the bears were a life saver and I manged to stay home and bring Hayley up the way I wanted too.I am still getting dozens of lovely messages every day and I had no idea how many people even knew about wee scones.It has made me very determined to try and carry on.There are no jobs out here in the middle of nowhere so its a scary time.I get a bit angry at the system here in the UK.I have never had a days unemployment in my life and never had any benefits or maintenance from Hayleys Dad.I cant just stop making bears as I am classed as making myself unemployed and I dont qualify for unemployment benefit.I own my house so also dont qualify for any help there.It seems working hard my whole life doesnt count for much. I can see how people can get very bitter.I am trying hard to hang on to the beleif that hard work and honesty pay off but its pretty tough.
Thanks once again to everyone who has given me messages of encouragement.They are very much appreciated.I never meant to be a moan .I know I have been very lucky selling so well over all these years.
Diane xxx

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Hi Diane
I, too, hope you can weather this storm. 
Moaning is a good thing.  It helps us look at our situations, to think.  And to listen.. To our inner voice as well as other voices trying to help or to just show care.
I believe things have a way of working out.  Yes, I'm an optimist.  I believe good comes to good people, like yourself. 
I wish you well.

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Oh Diane,

I am so sorry to hear about your finiancial difficulties.  I'm glad you are going to give it a try for a bit more, though - as your bears are so special and some of my very favorites.  Good luck to you on whatever you decide.

Hugs,

Ellen

nettie scotland
Website
danceswithteddybears wrote:

Hi Diane
I, too, hope you can weather this storm. 
Moaning is a good thing.  It helps us look at our situations, to think.  And to listen.. To our inner voice as well as other voices trying to help or to just show care.
I believe things have a way of working out.  Yes, I'm an optimist.  I believe good comes to good people, like yourself. 
I wish you well.

What  a lovely message and very much appreciated!!!

nettie scotland
Website
elle wrote:

Oh Diane,

I am so sorry to hear about your finiancial difficulties.  I'm glad you are going to give it a try for a bit more, though - as your bears are so special and some of my very favorites.  Good luck to you on whatever you decide.

Hugs,

Ellen

Thanks Ellen,
Love the little flump in your pic!!

Board footer