Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

This is soo cool!!
I've been a veggie since I was about 12 or so. Even before then, I was just plain grossed out by the stuff.
I honestly don't think it's wrong to eat meat, other animals that eat meat aren't wrong. So the whole idea of an animal dying for food isn't soo bizarre, it's very natural. But, that being said, I just can't eat the stuff. My soul tells me not to.
I like Kim, also cook all the meals in the house, but only 3 a week contain meat. Not sure how to handle it if I have kids though.

Kim ( wildthyme) we should brain storm together about meals that work for us and our meat eating family.

Shelli, my boyfriend and I do play that game!!! And you're right, it is a great way to learn about them. I've learned one thing, when he's looking at me all lovingly, most of the time, he's thinking about his video games!!!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Nettie, you used to be a power lifter? Very cool. I don't think I've heard of anyone being a veggie and doing that. It's so nice to hear. All my guy friends figure to be strong, you need to eat gross amounts of meat. Boys.

I do think we should share cooking ideas though. It does take some creativity to cook vegetarian on a daily basis.

Heather

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Not a problem with me, and I love it when great minds quote great minds!

:P

and then I stick out my tongue, hmmmm.  :)

PS, the kid I call the Peta Prince, is also a veggyguy.  I find inventive ways to work around it...so that everyone is happy.....

Ahhh Shelli, love the way your brain works.....

Diane, I think we should elect you the finder of fascinating quotes to share with us at least once a week.....We can increase the intellectual dimensions of our site...

I, myself, having been given an incredible education, and college twice, but only because it is difficult to raise a child on a music degree..... subscribe to the 'you know you're a redneck if...."  My father would laugh but I suspect my mom is still irritated... :angel:

It's " a glorious lack of sophistication."....having spent way to much time with people who thought they were way too sophisticated for words, I have decided that life is more interesting, spontaneous and fun if one is not sophisticated.....

And lets face it everyone.....the gollies are not sophisticated at all!

And I truly love the way everyone here expresses themselves- I think each and everyone of you guys and gals are interesting, fascinating and have valuable things to share with all of us.  And I want to know.....

Shelli we play that game too-but it usually starts around 2 AM when one of us gets up to go to the BR and the other says; "hey whats a......."

My poor Hubster has one of those minds where he reads something once and it is in there forever.....and he can recall almost absolutely perfectly....

so when I can't sleep I wait for him to wake up and I ask a question that will have him going for a long time and his voice just soothes me off to sleep...... he might agree that this is a little evil, but golly isn't that what Hubbys are for?  :twisted:

The longest was when he was explaining black holes to me.....I think he said he actually talked for an hour and a half before he realised I was asleep.  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Ahhh, but I digress, Yep, Miss Diane, Bring it on!  The quotes, the philosophy, whatever is on your mind, you are bound to find a kindred soul.  And I will enjoy what you share so very very much.

Pythagorus-also the father of modern music theory- and I think, but do not have a photographic meomory- there was a pythagorian scale?

bear_tongue

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Diane, it doesn't offend me at all. I respect everyone's
decision and each one has right to make own decision.
My sister turned to vegetarian after she had problem with
her health ..  bear_cry  she is doing better now.
For me,  I do eat meat/fish, vegetable, chocolate & nuts  :)

Hugs/Marie

so Our Marie would be a chocatarian?

Chocatarian.....me too-  yep 
the meaning of life isn't really 42 its Chocolate-  oh the 42--HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALLAXY but I don't remember which of the series, its been a few years....uh.....like 30...

bear_tongue

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Dilu,   Chocatarian is cute ♪♪  bear_smile

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

Great signature- I'm not sure if I'm considered a vegetarian- I don't eat any land animals but I do eat fish. I don't eat eggs or drink milk, unless they're ingredients in desserts. I never push my eating habits on others but meat eaters always try to make me take just one bit. Or tell me how unhealthy it is not to eat meat. But I don't care I'll just dig into my big bowl of pasta.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
psichick78 wrote:

I like Kim, also cook all the meals in the house, but only 3 a week contain meat. Not sure how to handle it if I have kids though.

Kim ( wildthyme) we should brain storm together about meals that work for us and our meat eating family.

Heather

Oh Heather... we should brainstorm re that!  So often I wind up with a big plate of salad and some green beans at dinner time!  I like to feel like I'm having a MEAL too though, not just a couple of side dishes!  But I don't like having to prepare a second main course just for me....  We eat a lot of pasta with roated veggies and then I broil some chicken breasts that I can cut up and put on only their pasta.... things like that... where you can just choose to add meat at the end if you wish.... 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Does Spam count as a vegetable? bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

JUDI!!!!! Too funny!  Spam is only a vegetable if it's the eMail variety SPAM, and you print it out on paper and then eat the paper! 

Beary truly ours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

LoveBud said

I don't eat eggs or drink milk, unless they're ingredients in desserts.

:hug:     Oh honey!  That's great!  I applaud your priorities- and chocolate comes from the coco bean and thats a vegy...Right? :hug:

Yep, I love those desert too....

bear_tongue

Board footer