Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

bear_wub Many congratulations to all the finalists! bear_wub
I have been sent a rosette too but as it's the first time of entering & I'm fairly new to the bear-world, stupid me  bear_rolleyes thought everyone got a rosette for entering?!!! I take it this isn't the case from the other threads I've been reading? I feel really thick when, by the sound of things, I should feel quite proud! :crackup: 
Is it possible to ask who else from TT will be at the show in December as it'd be nice to see a friendly face as it's the first time I've ever been to a show let alone had a stand!
Well done to everyone again & look forward to hearing from you....
Hugs,
Julia xx

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hello Julia, congrats on your nomination.  I'm hoping to be at Hove all being well and will say hello (got my rosettes today too, lovely to have)  bear_grin

Hugs

Pauline

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Thank you Pauline. Many congratulations to you! :hug:
It'll be great to meet you at Hove as I've admired your bears for ages... I don't think mine will be anywhere near the standard of the other finalists though!
I'll look out for you!  bear_wub
Hugs,
Julia x

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hey Julia, if your bears weren't up to standard, they'd not have put you forward for a nomination, good luck to all of you  bear_flower

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Thanks Katy!  :hug: Really sweet of you...
Just a little under-confident as I really didn't expect to get anywhere?! I've read about all the other finalists in magazines etc but I'm unheard of!!
I'll try for all the unknowns!! bear_grin
Hugs,
Julia x

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Well done Julia!  :dance: I'd love to see a pic of your nomination  bear_original ....I'm sure you'll have good fun at the show in December....you'll soon see some friendly faces!  bear_grin

sandra p skye rose bears
kent
Website

hi julia,i'm exactly the same as you ,it's my first time of entering too,and i dont really feel worthy amongst all the amazing talent,i'll be going to hove but i dont have a stall dont feel ready for that yet,i'll look forward to seeing you there,and well done :dance:
:hug: sandra

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

PICT0937-web.jpg
Sorry for delay in pictures, I'm rubbish with the computer! Poor Mark has had to help me yet again!
I hope you like him!
Love Julia x bear_wub

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Hi Sandra,
Well done to you too! :hug:
I don't know about you but I really didn't expect to get anywhere & had kind of forgotten I'd entered - I've just been concentrating on getting everything ready in time for the stand!
Please look out for me as it'll be lovely to meet you!
Hugs,
Julia x

sandra p skye rose bears
kent
Website

hi julia,i certainly didnt expect to get anywhere and now i'm bricking it to be honest :crackup: but my lovely family are all doing the hula round me,i debated about a stand but i've never even been to a bear show yet ,so thought that would be a bit ambitious,maybe next year,i'll look out for you and come and say hello
:hug: sandra x
your bear is gorgeous by the way, bear_wub  bear_wub i'm rubbish at small ones!

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Hi Julia and Sandra ,

I'll come and say "Hi" at the fair ... wasn't so long ago I was doing my first fair and I was SO nervous  bear_happy
You'll find that everyone is really friendly so don't be nervous about the competition either - just have a really fab' day  bear_original
Congratulations on your nominations too  :clap:  :dance:

Mini Hugs , Ruth

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Thank you Ruth!  :hug:
Many congratulations on your nomination too! I've been talking to your sister & I've told her I think I'm in Category 1 aswell so I don't think you have anything to fear!!  :crackup:
I'll look for you too at Hove as it'll be lovely to meet up with you & put a face to a name...
Hugs,
Julia x

Julie Julie Shepherd
Website

Many congratulations on your nomination Julia! 

I'll be exhibiting at Hove so I'll be sure to come and say hello - and don't be nervous, you'll really enjoy the day.

And Sandra - congratulations to you too!  Make sure you come and say 'hi' - I should be in my usual place at the back of the hall.

Look forward to seeing you both there!

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Thank you so much Julie, I love all your creations! bear_wub
It'll be lovely to meet you at Hove... As you say I'm a bit nervous as I've read about all the other finalists in magazines, etc but no-one will ever have heard of me! I don't know how my little "Bubble" will meet everyone else's standards?!
Look forward to seeing you very soon,
Love Julia xx

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Julia,

Many congratulations on your nomination.  :clap:

I can understand you must be pretty nervous for your first show.  I guess most artists still feel nervous after doing many shows.
You will find that the atmosphere of these shows is very congenial  and friendly and there will be plenty of TT'ers there to say HI to you.

Don't be surprised if your bears turn out to be very popular !  Every teddy bear lover has his/her own taste in teddy bears, so there is absolutely no point in comparing your work with other artists.  I'm sure you will have a great time and be absolutely exhausted at the end of the day  bear_grin !

Keep us posted how it all went.

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Thank you Peter! :hug:
Part of me's really looking forward to it as it'll be lovely to meet everyone face to face but I'm still nervous!
I'm so in awe of all the wonderful creations & artists I see in magazines, I'll probably be star-struck!! bear_grin
I'll keep you posted....
Hugs,
Julia x

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Many Congratulations Julia!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: I've not been to Hove for a long time...but I remember feeling just like you when I first started entering competitions.. and was first nominated for a British Bear Artist Award, many moons ago...that mixture of disbelief and excitement and sheer fright!  bear_grin  You just enjoy your nomination its a huge achievement!! Have a wonderful day..and be very proud of yourself!! bear_flower

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hello Julia,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  I can feel your excitement and nervousness from here!!!!  You will have a wonderful time, enjoy!!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

congrats, Julia!  good luck with your first show! :clap:  :dance:

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Thank you Yvonne & Marilyn, so kind of you both! :hug:
Will either of you be coming to Hove? Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Hugs,
Julia xx bear_wub

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Sorry Chrissie! :hug:
I was typing my post when you submitted yours so I missed it!
Many thanks for your congratulations & I'll do my best for the "unknowns"!! bear_grin
Love Julia x

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Many congratulations Julia!

Your bear is wonderful and very deserving of his nomination.  :clap:

I hope you have a great fair and the very best of luck for the awards.

Regards

Lisa

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Thank you Lisa! :hug:
Have you done many fairs before? This is my first & I can't stop thinking about it & there's over a month to go yet!! bear_rolleyes
Thanks again for your kind words...
Love Julia x

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Congratulations Julia :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Laurie :hug:

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Thanks Laurie! :hug:
How are you doing? Are you going to Hove? I'll keep you posted on how I get on.... I'm hugely shocked as I didn't expect to get anywhere at all!
Keep in touch?
Hugs,
Julia x

Board footer