Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

Prototype_14_576x768.jpgHello all

Ok This is my first designed bear, Prototype. - thats all he is. I was experimenting with a design and although I'm not too thrilled with it I can see that there is room for improvement and in the future I will tweek and perfect this design.

Prototype is small to medium height (I will do a proper measure soon). He is made of a orange tipped yellow synthetic faux fur, black embroidered nose and black glass eyes. His joints are sewn on (except the head). As a prototype he doesn't need proper joints - how ever my next one will. He has a scissor sculpted muzzle- I don't think I did too bad for a first attempt ( I could Have done worse  bear_grin )
He has a a split muzzle, kind of makes him look a bit emo.  bear_happy

He is not quite finished I need to figure out the perfect finish for him so I might have to come back to him when I have some more experience. Usually I would just add a bow but I think there is more to him then that. Maybe some face felting? or some shading? or ... I dunno  bear_grin  So I think I will return to him in the future.

I hope you all like and I would appreciate some professional criticism.

HA HA I got the pics up now!

Thank you

Prototype_17_576x768.jpg
Prototype_14_576x768.jpg
Prototype_8_1024x768.jpg
Prototype_10_1024x768.jpg

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Sherroy, I am still pretty new to bear making having only made 14, so I am no where near a professional but I would love to comment on Prototye.  I love the shape of his body and head also your nose & muzzle are great  :clap: , only thing I would change is perhaps give him bigger eyes?

Hugs Ali

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

Thank you Ali, I agree he needs bigger eyes but I guess I didn't realize until near then. I have already started making notes on bettering the design. and the eyes are definitely something that will change. I think the fur is too long  which made it quite difficult to work with. it makes him look alot bigger then what he really is.

Thank you for your comments Ali and I hope to be able to return the favor next time. bear_original

Board footer