Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jodie Ruhrgebiet

Ok, fine, I try to give my best.  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Jodie Ruhrgebiet

Hello hello, my second one ist ready (the instruction is: Hyacinth from Andrea Brewer). Here is the little one with 5 ancles.

Hyacinth1.jpg

Hyacinth2.jpg

Hyacinth3.jpg

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Looks like you have a very adventurous wee bunny there Jodie, very sweet

Jodie Ruhrgebiet

Thank you. Yes, the little is very andventurous even more than sleepybear  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin .

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Well, now it really looks like I am going to be a no show!  I finished my other bear but this morning I fell and broke my right wrist...of course the right one....

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

@Jodie - Such a sweet little rabbit!  bear_original

@Lenora - Oh, no! Sorry to hear about your fall.  bear_sad

Becky

Glasgow

Oh no Lenora!  Hope you're not in too much pain

janicemarie Gresswell Forest Bears
melbourne

Hi Jody, Your 5 jointed bunny is great, such a cutey!

Lenora! oh no!!! I hope you are free of pain. look after yourself!

Missouri
Website

It hurts like ***************** but I have some pain meds to take when I go to bed.  Don't want to take them during the day...

Jodie Ruhrgebiet

Oh no, poor Lenora. Hope you get very soon better.  :pray:

Missouri
Website

Me too...I have some things people ordered I need to finish!!!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub Jodi, rabbit is a sweety,  bear_cry Lenora, not so cute, so sorry for you injury, I hope it mends fast.  Take care.
Keep making those wonderful little creatures Jodi.
hugs Pat bear_flower

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

So Quy has come through once again, and we now have our very own Challenge Gallery!

I've already posted my antiqued bear there, and I'll post the before and after pics here for your comparison. (For my first try, it's not too bad, I guess. But I found out that the aging process is even more time-consuming than I ever imagined.) Here's what I did:

- stuffing is excelsior and lamb's wool (somewhat under-stuffed in the body)
- joints are fairly loose
- fur is trimmed around the paws and feet, and the body is plucked, plucked, plucked with tweezers. (I feel guilty now, and may need to give this cold, skinny bear a sweater.)
- the remaining fur was "styled" to look matted
- nose is waxed and claws are scuffed with an emory board
- paw pads are scuffed with a wood rasp
- there is shading in places that needed to look a bit dirty
- there are some "mom stitches" on the tummy

The effects are not dramatic, but I'm glad that I gave it a try. bear_original
before.jpg
after.jpg

Jodie Ruhrgebiet

WOW, looks so cool.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Glasgow

A very sweet wee guy Becky, and still definitely 'yours'

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks, ladies!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Two more weeks until our informal deadline. Who else is going to make it?  :dance:

Becky

Missouri
Website

It looks great dangerbears!

teeeej Brisbane

I'm trying to finish mine today, well at least one of them.

Missouri
Website

I so wish I could finish mine...the bear is mostly sewn and the cat is cut out so when I get this cast off perhaps I will finish them anyway even though I missed the challenge!

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I'm no further on as I had to stop to make a chimp (which is turning out to be mega hard) and then I burst my ear drum last weekend so I'm not feeling so good.  bear_cry  still hope to make it though.

Fallenrose near Cologne

Haven't had the time to start my bear, I had so much to do with university and some other stuff I need to sew...

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Julia wrote:

I'm no further on as I had to stop to make a chimp (which is turning out to be mega hard) and then I burst my ear drum last weekend so I'm not feeling so good.

Oh, Julia - that sounds so painful. No wonder you're not feeling your best. bear_cry And the chimp sounds like a real challenge (maybe it is in fact your challenge?). Take good care of yourself.

Becky

Annabearella Annabearella's
Cincinnati, OH
Ivyworks wrote:

Hmmm, may have come upon this challenge too late, but I'll give it a whirl  bear_grin   I've always wanted to try and dye my own mohair, something really really funky looking, like tie dye or batik. If I can get the mohair in time,  I'll be up for the challenge  bear_thumb  Count me in!  ;)

I'm even later!!  I just found this board tonight while searching for info on trapunto - a new technique I've never tried, but am wanting to incorporate into a new project I'm working on.  Using the first teddy pattern I designed as a base, I designed a bunny and want to make a nose out of a piece of lovely pink ultrasuede. 

I still haven't found exactly the info I'm looking for, but I'm thrilled to have found this board!  bear_smile

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome aboard, Annabearella! Can't wait to see your bunny.

Becky

Missouri
Website

Oh Jaina...I am so sorry to hear about your ear.  I did the same thing and had to have surgery on it.  Hope you heal quickly!

Board footer