Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Denise,you did a wonderful job on the sofa ,   bear_wub   :dance:  it looks stunning. I have plans to do two sofas and a love seat. I have a pattern for slip covers that are very fitted and may do that for one. Can you tell me how much fabric you used?   :redface:  The figuring of fabric is so hard.

I love your painting too. I have a set of wooden chairs in a similar shape to the one you pictured.They belonged to my grandmother and are a bright teal over red over deep brown. Sounds aweful but the paint has worn away on odd parts. They would look lovely with a paint job like yours. I'll have to put that om my list  bear_grin   bear_grin   :hug:   :hug:

Everyone is so darn talented!! What an awesome group we are!!  :hug:   :hug:

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Sue Ann, I have my book ordered before you sell out....!!!! bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

THanks SO much, Nancy, you doll!  Will get the book in the mail tomorrow.  No worries about selling out . . . we've got boxes and boxes of them in storage.

kimkc Australia
Jellybelly Bears wrote:

Hi Kim...by any chance are you the Kim that I know from the other group lol.  Just because you belly dance and she belly dances and we have had discussions about Bellydancing as my sister is or was a professional teacher.
lol, confusing, but hope you understand lol
hugs Sarah

Sarah, yep one and the same bear_original

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

What a great post!  It's wonderful to see everyone's diverse talents!  I wouldn't know where to begin complementing everyone, so maybe I can just get away with saying that you are all amazingly talented.
bear_original

I never seem to have much extra time for 'additional' hobbies, but I have been getting back into making handmade ornaments.  It is something that my mother did when I was very young, and I liked to help her from time to time.  Somehow I got back into it recently.  I don't have photos of any of the ornaments that we made to decorate our Christmas tree, I just have photos of these three that have been paired with some of our bears.  I think I have shown the blue one on this board previously.  I've got another four in the works, so I must be on a beading spree.  The easter egg ornament is the newest and wound up being a very elaborate affair!

bluebelle_ornament.jpg
rubyfrost_ornament.jpg
egg.jpg

Well, if I can include my mother in this conversation (who is with us in spirit and browses through from time to time, but doesn't post!), she is a life-long traditional artist.  I made her a web site years ago to showcase a small sample of her work, you can find it here:

http://www.naturalpalette.com/

I am, of course, trying to convince her to do more TEDDY art!

Hugs,
Kelly

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
kimkc wrote:
Jellybelly Bears wrote:

Hi Kim...by any chance are you the Kim that I know from the other group lol.  Just because you belly dance and she belly dances and we have had discussions about Bellydancing as my sister is or was a professional teacher.
lol, confusing, but hope you understand lol
hugs Sarah

Sarah, yep one and the same :)

haha  bear_laugh  Cool!  Nice to see I'm not totally clueless lol
hugs sarah

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Your ornaments are gorgeous, Kelly!  Have you met Mr. Faberge??  Your mom's artwork is also fantastic!  As I looked at them, I realized what a sense of peace, serenity, and comfort they evoke - wonderful!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Kelly,
     Your ornaments are really gorgeous.  Thank you for including your mum in the posting - I absolutely love her art work.  I am really a novice, but am slowly learning to work photoshop.  I wasn't aware that you could do things like you mum's paintings.  Now I'm more determined than ever to take a really good course on it.  Tell your mum that I think her work is wonderful! 

Hugs,

Brenda

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

chickadee-2-2.jpgbluejay-2.jpgOhhh - I found a picture of my glass ball ornaments - didn't think I had any. 

Brenda

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

bear_cry
Well everyone is so talented, I have to admit that before bears I did nothing.  I read alot and rode.
I couldn't sew, couldn't knit or crochet, can't draw I think you may get the picture.
Since bear making I am learning to knit and crochet, using paints and airbrushing, I also now make jewellery.  I have also needle felted but the creations are grabbed by the girls never to be seen again.
My family just can't get over it I went from zilch to all different types of craft  I love my bears though adn can't see anything usurping them.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

What a truly interesting thread. Well I used to act, believe it or not in local and theater plays. I had taken acting lessons for many years and actually won a scholarship. I also draw and paint, I  love to paint portraits. I also love love love to bake french pastries.

Many Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My eyes are so wide; there is so much talent and passion on this board!  Amazing, every one of you.  Wow!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

What a great thread! It's so much fun to see all these great creations. A TT art gallery.  I'm so impressed with everyone's talent in so many diverse areas. What an awesome bunch!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Like so many of you, I've done a gajillion different things. Mostly oil painting, gourds, stained glass, and a variety of sewing projects. But I have also dabbled in knitting, crochet, beading, cake decorating, sculpting polymer clay, etc., etc., etc. I'll have to see if I can scrounge up some pics.
bear_flower

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

glass-frog.jpgglass-hummingbird-panel.jpgglass-bunny-candle-guard.jpggourd-pastel-dream-catcher.jpgHere are a few of my original stained glass designs and one lonely gourd. They seem to be the only pieces I have digital pics of.

Densteds Densteds
Website

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm astounded by the talent of all you ladies....you're all amazing..

beautiful art, christmas decorations, quilts, writers, actors, etc etc etc etc, it just goes on and on!!!! what a great post, bring on more pics!!

hugs,
Denise.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

bear-dress-ebay-032.jpgbear-dress-ebay-031.jpgI was trying to think what i do and i remembered i made this baby rag

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

dress-and-teddys-102.jpgI allso make dolls. and all the poeple on teddy talk are so fabulous at what they do

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

WOW! I can't comment on everyone, but I want to. I'm soo inspired by all of you.

We are talented, and that says sooo much about us making teddies. We can do other things, but there's just something about seeing a bear come to life that is sooo satisfying.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ladies...You're killing me here!  AMAZING BEAUTIFUL work here. WOW WOW WOW! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I am so glad that this thread was started ... so many simply gorgeous things made by our TT members!  I'm so proud to be a part of this group!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I like to crochet! I'll post pictures when I get off work. I am trying to develop other talents.  I am writing a childrens book.  Jenn

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Picture-047.jpgthis is a doll i made a few years ago

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Wow! there are so many talented girls on here I can't even catch up!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :clap:             

What a wonderful array of talent. This is a great post by Nancy. What a great idea!           
You all are so talented.... there should be a place just for that. "The talented people" Place. " bear_grin Then again...that would be here.           

Me myself? Well...I have done just about everything. Woodwork, glass etching, carving, (wood and clay), pottery, murals, (painting), steel work, (working in all metal material), bronze sculpture, I found that very expensive. Classified Animation, (Disney work)     
I will try to post some of my stuff I have done, so I can share with you what I have done.     
But, to start with, I will post some of my graphical work....I also do Computer Graphical Art. I have worked in Classified Animation for eight years. I can only show my still Graphical work, but I hope you will enjoy.     
I am a little nerves about posting my Graphical work, only because, this is what my clients ask for and it is not teddy bear stuff.     
but .... here it is .....   

this for all you very talent girls..... you are so very talented way to go .......:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:     

Kassity     :hug:

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

WATERW1.JPGgraphic2.jpggraphic1.jpgI don't know how to upload my picture on here .....sorry.
I will keep looking ....... bear_sad

Kassity

Oh I see how this works now...

Here is some of my art work.......

I will try to explain this. They are 3D Graphical pictures that I made using, 3D grapical objects that I made in a computer program. Then after making 3D objects I put them in a picture I create them. I hope this helps explain what I am doing here.

Boy ...I am being a night owl....... bear_wacko

enjoy.....

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Brenda i have a doll looks just like the picture you painted the hat one, when i saw it i thought you painted a picture of a doll .

Board footer