Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh I wanna play again....

Aleta...sweet, caring, generous (I have an ugly duckling to prove it...I think it's a beautiful dove), silly in the best of silly ways and makes the most gorgeous bears!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I want to play again too! :)

Shantell makes me giggle! OK, I'm giggling at her silliness sometimes but it's all in fun!
And she's down to earth and honest. Some of the best traits in a friend!  :hug:

And every time I see Aleta's user name I smile....... I had a very special friend who I used to call a Silly Bear! She was my Little Sister when I was a volunteer with Big Brothers/Big Sisters.... a community program where they match an adult with a child from a single parent home in need of a mentor. So, thank you for always bringing me happy memories!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

ME TOO, ME TOO!! Shantell is a very sweet person, who makes bears that are just as sweet! I am the proud owner of one!  One of the most friendly, kind-hearted people I "know"!!!  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

You beat me daphne! Daphne is full of knowledge and makes some of the most wonderful bears (I LOVE YOUR AVATAR BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!) They have absolutly perfect noses!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

This is contagious and I wanna play again too!  Renae has the most interesting life and she is very sweet to share it with all of us.  I love her animal stories.  She also has a great sense of humour, which is one of the best traits to have.

Hugs,

Brenda

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Brenda is the best - after all she is the one who told me about Teddy Talk! She also makes the most darling bunnies that look so much like antique bunnies, and she does the neatest accessories to go with all her bears!
Bear hugs, Edie

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I have admired Edie's creative talent for some years now - she is always thinking outside the box and making the most inventive ideas come to life.   As someone who is a bit of a plodder when it comes to making bears I really do admire that! 

Oooh and I spied on another thread that she's been to NZ and loved it so she must be nice!  Let me know what those crackers were and I'll see if I can hunt some down for you !!  were they sakata ones??

I just want to be sappy and say that EVERYONE who has posted on this thread has at some point in time given me great encouragement and kind words. ..that's right each one of you!  I'm sure the same goes for lots of other people here.  Your encouraging gentle spirits (and Penny's incorrigable spirit) are what makes tt so special to me....so truly a thank you to all of you.    :hug:  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  :dance: Oh Goody! I get Melissa!

This is almost too easy, Melissa, you're such a Sweetheart bear_wub

Our Kind, Honeythorpe-Sweet Generous, Melissa?

Makes
Exquisite
Little
Irresistably
Sweet
Sassy
Animals

Eileen

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Eileen is a lovely person who is always quick to respond with very helpful suggestions in all the posts. She makes wonderful bears and the new little rabbit just stole my heart.  bear_wub

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

OOOOO GOOD WHAT AN EXCELLENT IDEA :clap:
AND IM SOO LUCKY I GET JENNY...
JENNY A LADY WITH A BEAUTIFUL SMILE.
I ADMIRED JENNYS BABY BEARS LONG BEFORE JOINING TEDDY TALK...WONDERFUL BEARS WITH SOULS....
AFTER READING YOUR ABOUT ME PAGE... I FIND WEVE LOTS IN COMMON...  I WENT TO ART COLLEGE, IVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH PHOTOGRAPHY FOR OVER 20 YEARS, I ALSO HAVE 3 DOGS.
I WONDER WHAT ELSE?
I LIKE JENNY...  bear_original

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Lanie is a very pretty young lady who makes the most adorable bears. We too have lots in common as I too went to art college just like Lanie. I love photography and also have dogs. Lanie is sweet and friendly and always ready to help, an all round lovely lady!

Hugs jane.  bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jane is one very special lady..... she is always there to send everyone Birthday wishes first ...... she hosts the best parties and she makes the most wonderful banners ..... Jane I feel very honoured that I was able to talk about you ..... I know that things are not easy for you all the time ...but you are always the first to be of help to others .......  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Patsy is a very talented lady.   She makes lovely bears.   Although I have never met her, I know from reading about her that she is a very strong, brave woman.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Millie is a ROCK!  She has a history of making beautiful bears and has been published in Teddy Magazines.  Her bears always make me smile and she always has nice things to say about everyone.  I am so pleased to have "met" her here on TT. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

What a great idea! OK Judi.....A wonderful, creative person who never stops where she is, but goes on expanding her love of creating bears. A lady that has seen heartache but never forgets whats important in life. Life and living it each day....you an inspiration. :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh yay I get Amanda!!   bear_original    Amanda is a wonderful lady, who is so lovely and so helpful, and I've first hand experience of this!!    bear_wub    She is very kind, knowledgeable and also a fabulous artist, making the most divine little bears!!  Love ya Mand!!   :hug:  :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Yay...I get to play again...  bear_whistle   bear_whistle

Clare...adorably sweet, kind hearted and beautiful.  Fabulous bears...I know...I have one!!! 

Love to you Clare from me and Noah!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Okay, if you all get to play twice, so do I.  Especially since I have the opportunity to write about dear Shantell.

On a bearmaking level... Shantell makes incredibly cute, wide-eyed bears, and strives -- a purposeful word choice! -- to make each an improvement on the last.  She's a "seeker" in the truest sense, always trying to ferret out what's new and interesting and helpful, so that she can throw that into her creating.  And she's always keeping an eye out for the emergence of "her" style, so she can hone it, and get comfy with it, and call it her own.  Frankly, I think she's already there.

On a personal level... Shantell has always impressed me with her grace, more than anything else.  But she's also swimming in charm, and intelligence, and a deep and abiding love for her children -- she adores them, and I respect and admire that so much, and can relate to it entirely!  And she's one of the most kind-hearted, giving people I know.  She's the kind of person that hires someone to do her business cards... and then sends that person a $25 Starbucks gift card, in addition to payment for services rendered.  Just heartmelting.

Shantell is also incredibly brave and stoic and strong.  Dealing with a very scary and difficult menagerie of eye problems on an almost constant basis would get so many people incredibly down, in an always-present kind of way.  But she handles these things as they come, matter of factly, and while sometimes it's clear that she's troubled by the nuisance, and sadness, and frustration of these unresolved problems, more than that it's clear that she's never going to let them "get her;" that she's just going to keep charging forward in life, making the most of every minute, finding happiness wherever it exists -- which, for her, is in so many places.

Shantell, girl... can you tell I just adore you???

bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Shelli makes incredible bears! as well as graphics! and also has all the time in the world to explain a technique to anyone who asks. I don't know of a more gifted or caring person! I think that her day must have more than 24 hours in it!!!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I've always enjoyed looking at Terries bears and am proud that she is a fellow-Canadian, albeit from Alberta!

Marion

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi,
          Well I must say that Marion joins in most of the TT posts which is nice and she does make gorgeous bears too.  Keep up the good work Marion.  Hugs Rita xxx

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

I'm gonna join in too  bear_original
Rita,
I am lucky enough to have met Rita in person on a number of occassions (and some of her family too!!)
Okay you all know Rita makes the most fabulous bears - they are tremendous in person !! I have a cat that Rita made for me and it is soo life like!!
But I met her when I was just early on in my bear making (I was a visitor at a fair - in my pocket I had one of my very early mini bears - not so wonderful but - I showed it to her and she was soo encouraging and just downright lovely to someone she had never met!!) cos Rita is a lovely and kind lady bear_flower and then she arranged for me to meet up with her and two of her daughters at a London Fair I was attending (only as a contestant and a visitor)and they were soo soo sweet to me (I was there on my own - but because of them I had a great time - Rita made sure I was okay that weekend even to making sure I would have a taxi to take me away from the fair on the second day - so I did not have to stand and wait on my own!!)
Apart from that I have since then exhibited at the same fair venues as Rita from time to time - she always always comes to see my bears ( she actually has one too!!) and on every occassion she has made me feel wonderful about my bears!!
I miss now that fairs are almost gone in Scotland having the opportunity to meet and talk to Rita often in person  - I am proud to call her friend and believe that she enriches the life of all she meets bear_original  bear_original
Oh yes and she is the most fabulous tailoress - you should just see the people clothes she makes never mind the bear ones!!
Rita is a perfect gem (Ruby infact) of a person !!
:hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I'm going to join in too and what luck I get sweet Annie  :lol:
Anne you were one of the first online that I wasn't close friends with that offered me support right back at the beginning when I didn't know too many people and was going through a hard time.  You stepped forward without knowing me and gave me friendly support in an email.  And your beautiful little bears!  I don't know you well but know you must be a loving and sweet lady who is thoughtful and compassionate  bear_innocent
big hugs to you sweetie
xox Sarah

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Sarah,
You have the most engaging beautiful smile, and oh my you are just a wee baby!!! So young and sooo talented.  Your bears are funky and fun, I love all the bright colours they bring a smile to my face. I think you must be telapathic because your company name discribes my tum tum to a tee :redface: and we have never meet in the flesh. I just know if I meet you in the real world you would be just as sweet and darling as your bears.
Hugs Deborah Bearhaven Bears

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Oh goodie! I get Deborah on my 2cnd time around. I have never met Deborah or ever really even talked to her, BUT I have been a silent admirer of her bears. I love thier vintage look and those perfectly shaped ears. And she is just as cute as a button with a great smile. (PS.. I think she is just a baby too) makes me feel OLD! lol

:crackup:  :crackup:
Oh goodie.. got to do the new smilie too!
Sonya

Board footer