Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

I started the group and I'm still trying to learn what Facebook's all about. There's 34 members already so that can't be bad. All I need is for you all to join in...make suggestions etc. thanks for joining.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Another Facebook member has joined your group!
ME!!!  :crackup:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, so this thread is a year old and I just brought it up again

. bear_tongue
But I just finally joined Facebook.com and have to admit it's a great waste of time!! I've gotten back in touch with many friends from high school and there are lots of bear artists on there. I still have a lot to figure out but its fun to poke around... many silly quizes, polls and things you can send to your friends.... teddy bears, pokes, etc.... and causes to support........ and on and on.

So when you don't have a show to get ready for or anything else pressing to be doing check it out! bear_thumb

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Jane,,
I've joined also.
Look forward to seeing more of TT there.
love kayx.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Sorry, my friends, but Facebook is too unsafe. It is already used to manipulate people against their will or to transfer viruses to their computers. Too many people use it, this is why it is an easy target for bad people.  bear_angry

So I will not join you as I do not want to put my network into trouble. I guess there are not that many risks I could click on the wrong link on Facebook and get infected or anything else, but I do not want to try.

And all of you who already joined, please keep tuned about everything you hear concerning Facebook. Regularly Google Facebook and check if there are news about bad use of it that could harm you or your computer!

It was a hard choice to do as of course, if there are so many users it means more potential visitors to your pages and websites etc... At home, we have at least two computers connected as a network, which means some viruses I could catch from my computer would be able to reach Malko's. we have firewalls, but they are not stopping eveything.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Haven't heard of virus related stuff.. .mostly just about teenagers who make their addresses and phone numbers public on facebook then get stalked, etc. If you are going to be that foolish...........well..............

My anti-virus software has blocked viruses in emails from friends and potential intruders that can be traced back to some very odd and unlikely places. But Facebook... well, not yet anyway!

I get plenty of unwanted email just being a member of forums - most of which require an email at the least and it is made public one way or another. No place is completely safe!!!

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

I am on face book look me up. Please
Peta Smart

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

IV ONLY JUST READ THIS MEAASGE ON T-T BUT I FOUND U ON FACEBOOK ANYHOO!!!

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

I'm there too :-)

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thanks for the link Jane. I had no way of getting there since I lost all my links. bear_thumb see you there.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Facebook  bear_wub  bear_wub   teehee.  Never had a problem with it at all and my mother dearest is super protective of what gets downloaded on our pooters, its a great way to keep in touch with friends, you can quickly see what 40 people have been up to and comment back to them with 2 words so they know you haven't forgotten them  bear_rolleyes , it would be a time saver for me if I didn't get trapped by all the fluff and fun time wasting stuff,  bear_laugh

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_thumb I've just joined too. Now I just need to work my way around it and see what I can do  bear_rolleyes   bear_grin

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Jellybelly Bears wrote:

..... it would be a time saver for me if I didn't get trapped by all the fluff and fun time wasting stuff,  :D

LOL!!!!  Yep, that's why I'm trying not to do that stuff.  But I love how I can keep in touch with friends and family!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I'm on facebook.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hi,

I'm bringing this old post up again because I was poking around with a friend in her FB and thought it was kind of fun even after a swore I would NEVER open an account of my own...well I went and did it anyway.   I said that about a Blog too.   :crackup:   So now I need to some friends...anyone wanna be my friend?  Pweeeze!!!   bear_grin

Merry Christmas!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'd love to be your friend, Shantell; on Facebook or anywhere.  I'll go look you up!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'll be your friend too, Shantell! Then you won't have to PM me to see if I'm still alive!! I post on FB every day... well, as long as I have power!  :crackup:

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Like most others, I'm a member of FB as well (although still learning how to use properly!) - my sister lives overseas, my brother in Tasmania and my other sister 5+ hours away so it's how we keep in touch.

Also found a long-lost cousin who we hadn't seen since we were kids when they moved interstate, so how good is that???

I love it!

Marg  bear_original

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Awwwww...thanks!!!  I woke up from my nap to "friends."    bear_flower 

Now to figure this FB thing out.   I really need to quit saying "never."   :crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:

WA

I'm there as well and will look you up. bear_thumb
I'm well and truely open to FB friends :dance:  :dance:  :dance: add me folks if you havent already.
Wendy Ching

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

Yep, I have found it is a good way to keep up with family and friends. I don't get into a whole lot of stuff there but I check in frequently. I wouldn't know anything about what my granddaughter is into without facebbook. She doesn't live close and although I don't post much on her page I can see what she posts.

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I just joined too even though I'm just a measly collector! bear_sad

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

I have a Facebook and I'm also just a measly collector :P

If anyone wants to add me as a friend let me know!

WA

If I'm given full names then I can add you. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I'm a FB member too Jane, but have not found any of you yet.

Board footer